FRONTEND DEVELOPER (REACT)
Italy – Milan
Capco is a fully independent, global management and technology consultancy. For 20 years we have combined innovative thinking with deep industry knowledge to deliver business consulting, digital transformation and technology services to Finance and Energy markets. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps clients reduce costs and manage risk and regulatory change while increasing revenues. We are thinkers, innovators, and disruptors. We are small enough to care but large enough to matter.
We are looking for engineers who want to play a key part in supporting the evolution of the Financial Services industry one project at a time. You will be expected to be a strong team player who prides themselves on delivering modern, first class cloud based platforms through practicing best in class Agile ways of working at all times.
Capco is looking for hardworking, innovative, and creative people to join our Engineering team.
- Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement
- Have expertise in a set of the team's domains, including the breadth of services, how they interact, and data flows between systems
- Able to work alone or with teams drawing on experience to recommend tooling and solutions aligning with organisational strategies. Influences organisation wide testing strategy
- Architects’ services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling. Guides teams in anticipation of future use cases and helps them make design choices that minimise the cost of future changes
- Actively contributes to security designs based on the organisation's security strategy. Fosters a security first mindset across teams and sets the example. Has advanced knowledge of key security technologies, protocols & techniques (e.g. TLS, OAuth, Encryption, Networks)
- Be comfortable managing engineers ensuring they are tracking the team's efficiency and quality of work; they assist in regularly adjusting processes and timelines to ensure high quality work is delivered
- Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
- Have played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
- Can communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
- Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
Skills & Expertise
- CSS: exposure to SASS/LESS, frameworks: Bootstrap, SemanticUI, MaterialUI and Responsive design - CSS Grid/Flexbox
- Security standards: OAuth2, OpenID Connect & JWT
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- At least one state management tool – Redux (preferred) / Flux / MobX
- Experience using and configuring task runners – Webpack(preferred) / Grunt
- Testing framework: Mocha / Jasmine / Chai / Jest / Enzyme
- Experience deploying containerised applications in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior developers
- Exceptional understanding of debugging and resolving application issues
- Knowledge of cloud concepts, capabilities, and design considerations
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in Security technologies, protocols & techniques (e.g. TLS, OAuth, Encryption, Networks
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause, and bereavement
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.