Talend Lead Solution Architect
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can, and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Expertise in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offerings, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- A commitment to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- A focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco’s global Data Practice team of 800+ data practitioners enables financial institutions to become data-driven by helping transform their understanding, management, storage, and use of data to derive value for themselves and their customers.
Our team collaborates with clients to formulate focused, actionable, and effective data strategies that deliver business outcomes in a sustainable fashion. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Drawing on our deep domain and business expertise, we architect and engineer modern data platforms and curated data products, with a focus on automation and data management by design. We partner with business, operations, and technology teams to embed and sustain these capabilities in business-as-usual and are leading the design and implementation of next generation data platforms across the industry.
Our clients and peers voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in 2021 and 2022, and value our ability to identify and develop top data talent.
You’ll be joining Capco’s Data Strategy & Advisory team as a Talend Lead Solution Architect.
Your primary responsibilities will be to head the Talend Data Management tooling advisory for Capco clients and direct the uplift of Capco’s data tooling advisory and solution architecture capabilities. Our projects vary in their nature, and your responsibilities will differ based on client requirements, but could include directing and advising on:
- Development of Solution Architecture design for the Talend product suite, including through detailed assessment of functional and technical designs against business requirements
- Supervise the design, build and implementation of customisations and extensions, including APIs
- Business case and roadmap development for Talend product suite implementations within client organisations, including through sizing and costing tooling implementation
- Deployment, implementation, and rollout of the Talend product suite, in conjunction with client and tooling vendor resources
- The most appropriate deployment patterns, licensing models, and tooling customisation based on bespoke client needs
Your Skills and Experience
Most importantly, you’ll have a passion for Data Management tooling and for the Talend Product suite, and its ability to enhance data management capabilities. You will bring your track-record in architecting and deploying Talend based Data Management solutions to enable clients to achieve their business outcomes.
To qualify for the role, you will have most of the following:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Data Management and / or Data Analytics
- Deep functional expertise in the Talend product suite
- Experience designing solution architecture for Talend, including deployment patterns and typical customisations based on bespoke client needs
- Experience integrating Talend with other vendor solutions (e.g. Data Quality tooling, Data Privacy tooling)
- Deep and extensive understanding of Data Strategy, Data Management, and Data Analytics principles, and one or more of several common Data Management methodologies and capability models (e.g. DAMA DMBOK, DCAM, CDMC) and toolsets
- Experience with of Cloud platforms and services for AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with extensive experience and comfort working autonomously and in team environments
- Comprehensive experience in simplifying complex concepts, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience running successful delivery in demanding project environments, with a high level of commitment and drive, including whilst under pressure and in ambiguous circumstances
Ideally, you will also bring:
- A minimum of 7 years’ consulting experience at a top-tier consultancy, or a similar (Chief Data Office) change / transformation role within a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Financial Services (e.g. banking, insurance, investment management)
- A deep understanding of the challenges, opportunities and regulations (e.g. ESG, LIBOR, BCBS-239, CCAR, GDPR, Consumer Duty) facing the Financial Services industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices within data management and analytics
- Formal certification in data management methodologies or capability models
- Experience managing projects and teams
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement