Capco is a global technology and business consultancy firm focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
You’ll be joining Capco’s Data Strategy & Advisory team as the Data Management & Strategy Lead. You will use your deep expertise in data management tooling to enable advisory and solution architecture for Capco’s clients using best-in-class data management tooling. You will drive the development of mutually beneficial tooling vendor partnerships, and direct the development, maintenance, and adoption of the data tooling training curriculum for Capco consultants.
Your primary responsibilities will be to head the data management tooling advisory for Capco clients and direct the uplift of Capco’s data tooling advisory and solution architecture capabilities. Our projects vary in their nature, and your responsibilities will differ based on client requirements, but could include directing and advising on:
- Tooling vendor assessments for Capco clients, leveraging your extensive knowledge of best-in-class solutions to provide objective recommendations in-line with client requirements
- Solution design for data management tooling solutions, including through detailed assessment of functional and technical designs against business requirements
- Business case and roadmap development for new data management tooling within client organisations, including through sizing and costing tooling implementation
- Deployment, implementation and rollout of new data management tooling in conjunction with client and tooling vendor resources
- The most appropriate deployment patterns, licensing models, and tooling customisation based on bespoke client needs
- The establishment of client data management tooling centres-of-excellence
- As we increasingly advise our clients to adopt automated and augmented data management tooling, you will play a fundamental role in developing the Data Strategy & Advisory capability within Capco, where you will be responsible for pioneering and steering the:
- Capco data management tooling vendor partnership strategy, and establishing mutually beneficial partnerships with established and emerging tooling vendors
- Uplift of Capco data tooling vendor assessment methodologies
- Development of joint value propositions (including deployment accelerators) with tooling vendors
- Development, maintenance, and adoption of the data management tooling training curriculum for Capco consultants
- Identification and research of business development opportunities on new or existing clients and supporting the development of client proposals and bids where relating to data management tooling
Your Skills and Experience
Most importantly, you’ll have a passion for data management tooling and its ability to enhance data management capabilities. You will bring your track-record in architecting and deploying data management tooling solutions to enable clients to achieve their business outcomes.
To qualify for the role, you will have most of the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Data Management and / or Data Analytics
- Extensive knowledge of the data management tooling landscape, with an innate understanding of tooling capabilities and relative pros-and-cons in-line with common requirements
- Pre-existing relationships with a wide range of data management tooling vendors
- Extensive experience facilitating tooling vendor assessments and tooling RFPs
- Extensive experience deploying and customising data management tooling
- Deep experience designing solution architecture for data management tooling, including deployment patterns and typical customisations based on bespoke client needs
- Deep and extensive understanding of Data Strategy, Data Management, and Data Analytics principles, and one or more of several common Data Management methodologies and capability models (e.g. DAMA DMBOK, DCAM, CDMC) and toolsets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with extensive experience and comfort working autonomously and in team environments
- Comprehensive experience in simplifying complex concepts, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience running successful delivery in demanding project environments, with a high level of commitment and drive, including whilst under pressure and in ambiguous circumstances
Ideally, you will also bring:
- A minimum of 5 years’ consulting experience at a top-tier consultancy, or a similar (Chief Data Office) change / transformation role within a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Financial Services (e.g. banking, insurance, investment management)
- Hands-on experience in data analytics implementation (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or Sense)
- A deep understanding of the challenges, opportunities and regulations (e.g. ESG, LIBOR, BCBS-239, CCAR, GDPR, Consumer Duty) facing the Financial Services industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices within data management and analytics
- Formal certification in data management methodologies or capability models
- Experience managing projects and teams
Why join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with the largest international and local banks, insurance companies, payment service providers and other actors within the industry -projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise in data & business consulting
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture