Business Analyst - Capital Markets (Edinburgh)
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. From day one you will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
Capco are looking for experienced financial services Business Analysts across multiple levels. This role offers the chance to advise and deliver change projects as part of a long-term strategic partnership with leading financial institutions.
Roles will have a global focus and will entail collaborating with Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, Technology, analysing and developing business and technical requirement, effective ways of working and identifying and reporting risks, issues and dependencies
The preferred candidate will:
- Be a self-motivator working in a team of Capco and client colleagues
- Work closely with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to perceive new and better ways of working
- Help to drive the use of Agile methodologies to help the organisation become more agile
- Recommend areas for change and then provide support to the business as the changes develop to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborate with all parts of the business including 3rd parties
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working within Capital Markets as a Business Analyst and/or in a hybrid role capacity as a Business Analyst/Project Manager.
- Change Management Methodology – proven delivery experience working in a project environment with different methodologies,
- Solid experience with Agile methodologies, ideally with experience using tools such as MS Project, JIRA and Confluence
- Proven stakeholder management skills, including the ability to engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven ability to conduct process mapping and customer journey analysis
- Change Management Implementation - Being involved in projects from Business Case creation through to User Acceptance Testing co-ordination, test planning and execution
- Requirements Gathering – the ability to produce structured functional specification, including experience of User Story. proven ability to run effective workshops for client business users
- Data Analysis and Interpretation - the ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances, and recommend proposals to clients
- Strong academic record coupled to good problem-solving skills and analytical mind-set
- Excellent Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills - the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences across business function and level and tailor messages appropriately
- Senior Business Analysts will have some experience leading teams, an understanding of project management and planning.
Business Analysts/Project Managers will also have experience in:
- Practical project management, including formation of project governance framework and organizational structure
- Creation of project charters, project plans, key dependencies, requirements collection, issues, risks and scope changes throughout all phases of the project RAID logs etc.
- Leading Working Groups and Steering Committees.
Some Business Experience can be beneficial, especially in:
- Front to Back Trade Processing, across various asset classes
- Regulatory Transaction Reporting
- Transformation programmes and process re-engineering
- Counterparty exposure management processes – for Stock Loan, Repo, Buy-sell backs and margin lending transactions
- Understanding of triparty and bilateral financing trades and associated counterparty risk
- Collateral and margin management tools
- Proficient in MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Project, MS-Visio & MS-PowerPoint
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, please do not hesitate to apply. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
To learn more about Capco and its people check out the website on www.capco.com