Senior Engineering Manager (.NET)
Capco is a fully independent, global management and technology consultancy. For 20 years we have combined innovative thinking with deep industry knowledge to deliver business consulting, digital transformation and technology services to Finance and Energy markets. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps clients reduce costs and manage risk and regulatory change while increasing revenues. We are thinkers, innovators, and disruptors. We are small enough to care but large enough to matter.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Capco, you will/have:
- Provide thought leadership in software engineering concepts, delivery, and large-scale practical applications; having played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
- Have an awareness and understanding of modern technologies being used in finance and other industries and love to experiment.
- A passion for bringing new innovative customer solutions to market with precision focus on great user and client outcomes.
- Can communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence to CxO level stakeholders.
- Be a servant-leader to a growing engineering team, providing strategy, coaching and feedback to improve the overall capability of the team.
- Further develop the engineering sales proposition within the company, working with client accounts to understand the capability and connect with clients to discuss our offerings as well as responding to RFPs. Be effective and comfortable working across multiple projects and commercial opportunities at any one time.
- Architect services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling. Guides teams in anticipation of future use cases and helps them make design decisions that minimise the cost of future changes
Skills & Expertise
- Extensive commercial experience as a software engineering background with hands-on coding experience in the .Net ecosystem.
- Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement.
- Practical knowledge of agile development methodologies and engineering best practices.
- Experience with Kafka (or similar) messaging middleware using queues, pub-sub channels, and streaming technologies
- You have built high performing engineering teams and have experience leading teams of Principal, Senior & Junior engineers with evidence of coaching and growing talented engineers.
- Comfortable working across multiple projects and commercial opportunities at any one time.
- You follow object-oriented design principles and knowledge of enterprise integration patterns
- Have deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and always be curious to learn more.
- Comfortable producing technical materials as part of pitches and commercial work.
- Experience of Git & a good understanding of CI/CD best practices
- Experience with unit and function testing traditional and serverless cloud apps and BDD/TDD
- Good understanding of different databases (Relational and NoSQL)
- Experience recruiting and interviewing for a fast-growth business area.
- Have a holistic awareness and understanding of modern technologies being used in Insurance domain
- Experience building high-performance, highly scalable, cloud-based applications (Azure/AWS/GCP) and containerized applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Background in delivering complex software applications into production with a deep understanding of the principles and practices of DevOps
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause, and bereavement
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can, and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
We understand that you may need us to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.