Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry with more than 7,000 consultants across 32 offices in Europe, North America and Asia.
Who we are
Capco Global IT ensure that our employees are always able to conduct business with our clients in the safest way whilst allowing flexibility and enabling to work while travelling or at home. The team support over seven thousand people globally across three territories using an IT infrastructure team of just 39 people.
Capco IT is an IT department with global standards but the freedom to operate independently where it makes sense. Reporting into the IT Director are 3 Territory Leaders whose main role is to ensure that the operational service in their territory aligns to agreed service levels and improve the service that we provide. Each territory consists of circa 9 people whose main role is 1st/2nd line operational support and procurement.
Supporting these teams are 6 technical SME’s/Managers who ensure that the core infrastructure is monitored and maintained.
About the Job
You will work in Paris as part of a Europe wide IT support organisation reporting to the regional IT service manager who is based in the UK.
A key part of the role is to support Capco’s Executive team, members of which spend a significant proportion of time in the Paris office. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate good desktop support knowledge and previous experience helping employees at all levels of an organisation. The ability to work proactively, be self-sufficient within the technical standards of our organisation, anticipate issues that may arise, spot trends and work with the wider technical teams to resolve issues before they become wider problems are key requirements of this role.
You will be responsible for the Europe region’s Incident management, monitoring tickets across the region and ensuring that tickets are being responded to promptly and assigned to the right individuals.
You will join the corporate Services team ( HR, Recruitment, Operations and Office management teams)in the Paris headquarters located at the 121 avenue Malakoff 75116.
Role Scope and Key Responsibilities
- Working as Incident Manager for the Europe region. Monitoring other team’s ticket queues and ensuring tickets are in the right place. Helping co-ordinate between teams where the group responsible for an incident resolution may not be immediately obvious.
- Proactive and reactive Exec support for Capco leadership. This involves co-ordination with other IT members involved in Exec support globally to ensure consistency of approach.
- Manage the desktop support calls within your call queue and ensure that tickets are triaged and managed in line with ITIL standards for Europe and other global regions as required. Responsible for issuing and receiving of laptop equipment to new joiners (including basic IT induction) and leaving employees.
- Periodic travel to the Brussels office to provide IT support and help with scheduled work.
- Maintain and audit the inventory of computer assets & software licences for the Paris and Brussels offices.
- Ensure that all end user compute devices conform to our infrastructure and security standards (e.g. within agreed patching levels and with the right versions of software).
- Analyse & resolve IT incidents with a varying degree of complexity and work with 3rd line technical teams where necessary to help diagnose root cause.
- Determine the priority of incidents with others Senior Analysts
- Proactive management and monitoring of the office technology (Paris and Brussels)
- Printing devices
- Meeting room (AV equipment, wall screens, meeting room booking screens)
- Administer and help support the telephony and video conferencing system(s) in conjunction with 3rd party vendors.
- Maintain and audit inventory of computer assets & software licences.
- Monitoring and prompt escalation to Network and Server teams for issues such as:
- Wi-Fi performance
- Office server technology
- Assist Regional Service Manager with production of statistics and service review meeting materials.
- Must have experience of working in a Service Desk support function (5-6 years working face to face with customers) in a significantly sized organisation (ideally supporting 1000+ networked PCs). Technical troubleshooting and fixing desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals hardware problems as well as desktop applications.
- Demonstrable experience supporting an organisation’s leadership desktop support needs.
- Used Service Now to provide support in previous roles. Ability to query data within the platform and monitor your own and other’s incident workloads preferable.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with clients and management as well as people skills.
- Technical knowledge in: Windows & Apple client operating systems, Microsoft Office (including O365), InTune, Jamf (Desirable)
- Able to work well under pressure and at a high work rate.
- Demonstratable experience how to respond to major or re-occurring incidents.
- Must be capable of thinking around issues, plan their remediation and communicate to affected people.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and the concepts such as DNS and DHCP
- Basic knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts.
- Knowledge of Incident & Problem management and root cause analysis aligning to ITIL and using a Service Desk system such as Service Now.
Why Capco ?
You will join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers – we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm.
As a member of IT you won’t just be technical you will be responsible for technical service success and because of that we will be passionate about ensuring you are appropriately trained and empowered to enjoy your role.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
We offer you the possibility to do remote work 2 days a week.