Data Modeler/Analyst - Houston, TX
About the team:
Capco is a global management and technology consultancy that specializes in advisory, implementation, and delivery of client-centered solutions across Financial Services, Energy, and Insurance industries. We support modern platform implementations, digital transformations, end-to-end IT delivery, omni-channel standardization, cloud-based data management, and predictive data analytics. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps clients reduce costs and manage risk and regulatory change while increasing revenues. We are thinkers, innovators, and disruptors. We are small enough to care but large enough to matter.
About the Job:
This role is responsible for working with the Fuels Value Chain organization, translating business requirements into fit-for-purpose data solutions, designing logical and physical data models, performing data profiling to understand data transformation and harmonization requirements, design data integration and ingestion procedures, design data consumption views/APIs, produce and maintain comprehensive documentation of processes, operating procedures and service standards, seek and implement opportunities for automation or efficiency to increase organizational effectiveness
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Design system specific data models (logical and physical) with input from Solution/System/Data Architect
- Work with Research & Engineering resources to understand how data is or should be structured to allow for a sustainable and scalable data platform
- Design data ingestion/integration pipelines, considering aspects of full vs. incremental loads, how to handle slowly changing dimensions, unique identifiers for merge processes
- Design data movement/curation/transformation procedures
- Design data consumption views/APIs as per consumer’s requirements (business organizations and data scientists)
- Execute data profiling on source data, to drive harmonization/contextualization of disparate data sets
- Provide input into business data glossary / data catalog (Collibra/Data Dash) and logical data models (ER/Studio); help maintain and steward technical metadata
- Provide input to address data quality issues and provide technical data quality remediation plans for systems (in partnership with Data Architects and Business SMEs)
What You’ll Bring with You:
- Creating or editing database models (logical and physical) using ERD tools such as ER/Studio
- Sound data analysis and design skills for both, transactional and data warehousing solutions, adequately applying context-based concepts of (de-)normalization
- Deep understanding of Data Integration patterns
- Advanced database handling languages (SQL and variants)
- Experience working with data dictionaries, data maps, taxonomies
- Solid knowledge of Data Governance & Management Concepts (MDM, Data Quality)
- Working understanding of BI and Data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with strong English proficiency
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical skills, and employ judgment to offer thoughtful, concise input toward resolutions of problems
- Be able to translate business processes into data requirements
- Leadership skills needed to successfully promote ideas, coordinate work activities, and plan deliverables within a project team.
- Experience with DevOps/Agile development and application to data centric architecture and solutions
- Pays attention to detail and is meticulous in his/her work
- Able to work independently and in a team
- ADO for team-work plan
- Cloud-based tools (Azure, Snowflake, Cloudera)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or a related field with equivalent experience
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data, analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.