Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
The asset management industry is undergoing a period of modernisation and transformation. Market volatility, changing client behaviours, technology advances and margin pressures are all adding a level of unprecedented complexity for these business models. Senior executives are faced with pressures to balance business growth whilst trying to achieve high levels of profitability under a tighter regulatory regime.
Capco is a key consulting partner to the leading asset managers, supporting the definition and execution of their strategic priorities. Our work ranges from client service proposition design, through to business model reviews, regulatory change, digital and operating model transformation and technology platform implementation. We partner with our clients to deliver sustainable and tangible commercial value through impactful business and technology change.
Over the last couple of years, our Wealth & Asset Management practice has grown rapidly, and we expect that momentum to continue. To support this growth, we are looking for candidates with good asset management industry knowledge across experience levels from Consultants and Principal Consultants to join the team.
- You will share our vision and passion to make business and operating models more resilient and efficient, with an aim to drive better wealth accumulation, investment returns and retirement outcomes
- You will have operational or change experience in the asset management industry
- You will want to challenge the status quo and explore new methods and technologies that can benefit our clients
- You must be passionate about delivering change from strategy through to solution implementation
- Capco projects can touch on many parts of an asset management business, so we need people with knowledge and experience of fund manufacturing, sales & distribution, portfolio management, trading, fund operations and associated technology platforms and solutions.
- You will bring knowledge of how asset managers deliver value to end-clients, control their costs and grow their business
- You will broadly know the rules and regulations that they comply with and will possess expertise in a business process area, key systems, or the client and intermediary relationships they serve
About the Role
The client engagements you will work on or lead could involve;
- Target Operating model design and implementation
- Outsourcing and service provider oversight
- Operations transformation and automation
- Operational efficiencies reviews
- Risk & controls framework reviews and remediation
- Anti-financial crime model reviews and remediation
- Product development reviews
- Regulatory change and execution including for example MIFID II, GDPR, Suitability and SMCR
- Client journey and digital experience
- Core platform selection and implementation
- Business architecture design including connectivity between systems, data flows and processes
- New ways of working (since COVID)
Successful candidates will bring;
- Passion to solve complex, ambiguous problems and deliver sustainable solutions
- The ability to engage, persuade and win the trust of client stakeholders of all levels
- Demonstrate key behaviours and values that befit a strong team player
- Interest and aptitude in business development, including for example preparing proposals
- Willingness to lead and support internal Capco contribution, for example Thought Leadership, Recruitment events, and Market Research
- Qualifications that can help but are not mandatory for example PMP, Prince2, Lean Six Sigma and IMC
About Capco Wealth & Asset Management
Capco specialises in financial services consultancy. Our clients include global and regional private banks, wealth managers, life insurers, asset managers and fund administrators, from the largest global diversified groups to very small privately held boutiques. We act as key business partners to help them get through complex business and technology change.
The UK team has 75+ consultants working in this market. We work very closely with our colleagues in the insurance, retail, payments and investment banking markets.
We are very distinctive in the market when it comes to improving how people and companies interact with each other by using new methods and technologies to imagine and then bring to life a better way of doing things. We do not shy away from adopting any techniques, from well explored ideas like process excellence / lean six sigma, and organisational change design, to new methods like machine learning and data visualisation.