Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. As the only dedicated Financial Services consultancy firm in Scotland, the opportunity for growth is large, accessible, and immediate. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Project Manager in Edinburgh
Let’s Get Down To Business
Capco are looking for Junior Project Managers with experience within Financial Services or Consulting who are looking to drive their careers forward whilst continually learning and developing their silks, working with likeminded individuals.
This role offers the chance to advise and deliver change projects. The nature of these roles offers long term deployments and the chance to experience varied change initiatives.
- You will be part of the execution of the project plan and will help manage day to day execution of project activities
- You will take responsibility on project status reporting, and escalating risks and issues to key stakeholders if required
- Developing project plans to deliver the required business changes, and managing execution of that plan through to delivery
- Managing project risk, issues and dependencies to support day to day delivery of the core activities
Fitting that description, you will also need to be Supremely Personally Motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
Show Us What You’ve Got
We’re looking for candidates with skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Financial Services and or consultancy
- Experience as a Project Manager within the Financial Services or Consulting Industries with the desire to learn and progress in your role.
- Experience working in change projects within regulatory environment
- Change Management Methodology – delivery experience working in a project environment with different methodologies (including Agile/Waterfall) would be advantageous but can be developed
- Experience in collaborating with project teams & stakeholders
- Change Management Implementation - experience working in an financial services change environment required. User Acceptance Testing co-ordination, test planning and execution would be advantageous
- Ability to understand existing processes, policies and procedures and identify impact of regulatory change on existing operating models.
- Knowledge and practical experience of one or more recent regulations including, MIFID 2, Basel 3, UCITS, Dodd Frank, EMIR is desirable
- Excellent Communications skills
- Strong team management skills
- A passion to learn and develop your skills
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Superb training and development
- Fantastic benefits
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.