Senior Endur Power and Gas BA - Houston, TX
About the team:
Capco is a global management and technology consultancy that specializes in advisory, implementation, and delivery of client-centered solutions across Financial Services, Energy, and Insurance industries. We support modern platform implementations, digital transformations, end-to-end IT delivery, omni-channel standardization, cloud-based data management, and predictive data analytics. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps clients reduce costs and manage risk and regulatory change while increasing revenues. We are thinkers, innovators, and disruptors. We are small enough to care but large enough to matter.
About the Job:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class consultancy focused on their Trading and Risk Management practice. Our customers include some of the world's largest integrated energy and commodity trading companies. We are looking for a hands-on Senior Endur Power and Gas SME who is passionate about technology and experience in providing L3 Production Support, working on BAU and strategic projects. The successful candidate is adept at partnering with end-users to elicit requirements, analyze problems, design solutions and ultimately deliver tangible business value & benefit. Collaborating with your peers, you will liaise closely with technologists across the global teams and our key business stakeholders and team members to ensure solutions integrate seamlessly into our landscape. You should have a delivery-focused background in an Agile environment and a desire to identify and develop strategic solutions while constantly looking to challenge the status quo to bring your ideas and strive for improvement.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Candidate must be able to design, estimate and deliver new IT functionality to front, middle office
- Candidate must have Experience communicating and collaborating with business users, IT team members in local and remote geographies, including the US, Canada, and Europe
- The candidate must be able to support business and IT team members with day-to-day production issues
- Candidate must have good knowledge of energy trading and risk management processes across the front, middle and back-office functionalities with an emphasis on power and gas trading
- The candidate must have a good understanding of Power procurement agreements (PPAs), power pricing, scheduling, accounting & settlements processes
- The candidate must be familiar with the inner workings of trading FTR/CRRs and Virtuals in ISO auctions and daily virtual markets
- Candidate must have good knowledge of the latest Endur product platform, its architecture, its key modules, and its Data Model and should have a minimum of 7 years of working Experience in Endur version 10 or upwards
- Candidate must have a good understanding of deal lifecycle and product configuration within Endur, including but not limited to new Instrument building, deal screen configuration, new template creation, deal modeling, reference data setup, risk valuation, invoicing, settlements, and reporting
- The candidate must have a good understanding of PL/SQL and should write complex queries
- The candidate should be adept in handling business changes and managing client expectations, providing a comprehensive document of changes, coordinating user acceptance testing and user training
- The candidate must have a good understanding of the agile delivery methodology and Experience working in a global team. The candidate should effectively manage the tasks assigned, timelines, and progress reporting on the tasks
- Candidate must have Experience involving Endur in one or more areas in solution design, package implementation, development and customization, test planning and execution, production rollout, and Operational Support
What You’ll Bring with You:
- 7-10 years of Business Analysis experience with emphasis on power trading
- Strong SQL skills (preferably MS SQL Server)
- 7+ years’ Experience working with ETRM systems (Endur – OpenLink)
- 4+ years of Experience working with SAP Modules, OATI, and supporting custom Pnl Explained/Attribution solutions
- Strong knowledge of energy commodities trading concepts, with extensive subject matter expertise in several of the following areas: Physical trading of Natural Gas, Electricity, and the associated logistics processes
- Derivatives trading, including linear financial instruments and options
- Nodal (FTR/CRR) trading
- Market risk concepts, including deal modeling and Endur sim results
- Mark-to-market and P&L calculation, and P&L explain
- Settlements and accounting, including SubLedger and interfaces to ERP systems
- Knowledge of US and Canadian Natural gas, Power, and emissions/renewables trading domain. Familiarity with European gas, power, and emissions trading is a plus but not a requirement
- Knowledge of physical trades including storage and transport models, financial trades including nonlinear trades and their valuation
- Familiarity with curve modeling, including volatility setup
- Knowledge of trade capture processes and being able to reflect them through the configuration of trader desktops, deal skins, deal modeling, troubleshooting
- Expertise with Endur valuation framework and simulation results. Being able to explain day to day PnL and bucketing
- Expertise in US and Canadian Natural gas scheduling using Endur gMotion, rate setup, actualization, downstream impact on settlements, prior period adjustments (PPA)
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.