Capco – The Future. Now.
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork. We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance, and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Capco Product Designer.
Let’s Get Down To Business
Capco is looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our Digital Delivery team as a Product Designer.
About The Role
- Understand user interface patterns and behaviours, and use that understanding to drive user comprehension, and improve task performance
- Use visualizations and interactions to support analytic thinking with large data sets
- Facilitate design critique, evaluate interactions for inclusivity and provide expert advice and guidance to cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Facilitate ideation sessions and collaborative work activities
- Act as the interaction design subject-matter expert for the product design team
- Use a comprehensive understanding of interaction design theory, visual design theory, research data and best practices to inform design decisions
- Create complex low-fidelity sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to explore, communicate, and validate ideas.
- Create complex prototypes to provide delivery specifications for development
- Present interaction design work to more senior stakeholders
- Facilitate usability testing
- Participate in or initiate research activities
- Research interaction design strategies in the financial services sector and perform competitive audits pertinent to specific design or business goals
- Perform pattern, micro-interaction and component design audits where appropriate
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio that includes application design samples
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing usable interfaces across multiple channels and platforms
- Experience in an applied research setting including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Demonstrated ability to articulate design strategy, rational and logic; describing benefits and highlighting risks associated with design decisions
- Demonstrated expertise with design, prototyping, and research tools such as Sketch and Axure RP, InVision, UserTesting.com
- Must have Banking experience
Professional experience is important. But it is paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From day one, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
Capco is well known for its thought leadership and client-centric model that distinguishes it from other consulting firms. Capco’s strong technology and digital knowledge base, it’s global experience of the Financial Service enables us to deliver projects from strategy through to delivery. We are committed to providing new areas of expertise from which our clients will greatly benefit.
- Access to industry-focused talent globally
- Ability to leverage best-of-breed, innovative products and solutions for complex architecture and large-scale transformation
- Extended global geographic market reach
- Ability to capitalize on our client footprint and deep domain expertise within financial services
For more information about Capco, visit www.Capco.com.
Capco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.