About the team:
Capco’s Data Team helps our clients transform every aspect of their business. We are highly skilled at formulating data strategy, defining business and technology initiatives across the data management lifecycle, and aligning multi-year strategic roadmaps with client’s business goals. As digital technologies advance and regulations tighten, today’s consumers – and, therefore, today’s businesses – are becoming more aware of the importance of good quality data. We work to establish holistic ways to effectively manage data through the modern data supply chain and facilitate consumption through analytics, modelling, AI, machine learning, dashboarding, and reporting.
About the Job:
As a member of our Data Team, you will work across Capco’s different domains and solution offerings to help break down large problems, develop approaches and solutions. As a Data Analyst, you will create analytics reporting and provide data-driven strategic insights, trends, and perspective to help drive transformation for our clients.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Using techniques from a range of disciplines, including computer programming, mathematics, and statistics, to draw recommendations from data to describe, predict, and improve the client’s business performance.
- Engage data using analytical tools and languages to perform data manipulation and analysis.
- Collaborate closely with developers to provide proofs of concept that can be converted into production-level processes.
- Think through data relationships, life cycles, and processes to ensure and improve the application of quality data.
- Perform research to gain context and meaning of uncultivated data sets.
- Develop and investigate hypotheses that drive product and feature enhancements, providing new value to our clients.
- Support the importance of data processes, data integrity and cleanliness, and the strategic use of data.
- Access and compile large volumes of custom and syndicated data from disparate sources into concise and precise information.
What you’ll bring with You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or equivalent/related degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Banking product knowledge on capital markets and core banking products
- Proficient with MS Excel, including working with data tables, power query connections, pivot tables, macros and advanced formulas (VLOOKUPS, INDEX MATCH, SUMIFs)
- 3+ years’ experience with writing complex SQL queries (JOINS, CTEs, PARTITION BY, RANK etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience working with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- 2+ years’ experience leading project teams
- Ability to work both as an individual contributor and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Experience working with analysts in a research/modelling environment that leverages tools such as R, SAS, or SPSS is preferred
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.