Data Tech Lead - Digital Engineering
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We are looking for a Data Tech Lead who has proven experience delivering data platforms using the latest technologies and frameworks.
You’ll be designing, building and overseeing projects within an agile environment, with examples including the creation of;
- New Banks – yes, seriously! We have delivered and are actively building new digital banks from scratch for our global clients.
- New Open Banking Services – we played a key role in shaping the open banking regulation and are now delivering it for clients.
- Cloud centric data analytics, data science and distribution platforms for some of the world’s leading financial organisations
As the Capco Data Tech Lead you will;
- Provide thought leadership in Data Engineering principles, tooling, strategy and practical implementations.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a strategic vision and can generate a plan for growth within Data Engineering and translate that into a technology and team roadmap.
- Define standards and best practices to create technology that will deliver sustained value to stakeholders.
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and love to experiment to solve business problems.
- Can communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence to CxO stakeholders.
- Be relentless in the pursuit of quality and improvement of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
Skills & Expertise
You will have some or all of the following skills & experiences:
- Expert leadership in Data Engineering with a cloud and CI/CD focus
- Data engineering background with hands-on experience building and leading high performance engineering teams
- Experience leading teams of Principal, Senior & Junior engineers with evidence of coaching and growing talented engineers.
- Great communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience recruiting and interviewing for a fast-growth engineering business.
- Extensive knowledge of modern data engineering technology trends, especially in the Cloud space.
- Working knowledge of CI / CD & DevOps tooling and techniques including the role and usage considerations of Kubernetes in Data Engineering.
- Knowledge of Data Lake and Data Warehouse design patterns, administration and security best practices
- Experience working with or in consulting development teams for clients
- Working knowledge of Knowledge Graph technologies
- Working knowledge of event-driven systems including event sourcing and distributed ETL
- Comfortable producing technical materials as part of pitches and commercial work.
- Active programming experience with a modern language e.g. Java, Scala, Python
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture