Basel Business Analyst
Capco – The Future. Now.
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork. We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance, and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Capco Business Analyst
Let’s Get Down To Business
We are looking for experienced financial services Business Analysts across multiple levels (BA and Sr BA). This role offers the chance to advise and deliver regulatory change projects as part of a fast-paced, long-term strategic partnership with leading financial institutions.
You bring a very good understanding of Basel capital adequacy regulations, and are well versed with implication/changes of Basel III compliance for large banks. Should have knowledge of credit risk methodologies and requirements, particularly in either the areas of capital calculation and/or regulatory capital reporting. Understanding of financial domain products is an advantage.
- Be a self-motivator working in a team of Capco and client colleagues
- Work closely with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to determine clear regulatory requirements for either capital calculation or reporting
- Recommend areas for change and then provide support to the business as the changes develop to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborate with all parts of the program including 3rd parties
Skills and Expertise
- Experience working within Financial Services/Capital Markets as a Business Analyst
- Deep understanding of Financial Services products. It can be across Equities, Derivatives, Debt / Fixed Income, Cash / Money Market, rates or Commodities.
- Regulatory knowledge is preferred, particularly related to Basel III (BCAR and/or CCAR)
- Proven stakeholder management skills, including the ability to engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- End to End Implementation - Being involved in projects from Business Case creation through to User Acceptance Testing co-ordination, test planning and execution
- Requirements Gathering – the ability to produce structured functional specification, interpret detailed regulatory requirements. proven ability to run effective workshops for client business users
- Data Analysis and Interpretation - the ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances, and recommend proposals to clients
- Strong academic record coupled to good problem-solving skills and analytical mind-set
- Senior Business Analysts will have some experience leading teams, an understanding of project management and planning.
- Strong skills in data requirements tools is an advantage, particularly with any of: Excel (macros & VBA), MS Access, Tableau and/or SQL.
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
Capco is well known for its thought leadership and client-centric model that distinguishes it from other consulting firms. Capco’s strong technology and digital knowledge base, it’s global experience of the Financial Service enables us to deliver projects from strategy through to delivery. We are committed to providing new areas of expertise from which our clients will greatly benefit. We have:
- Access to industry-focused talent globally
- Ability to leverage best-of-breed, innovative products and solutions for complex architecture and large-scale transformation
- Extended global geographic market reach
- Ability to capitalize on our client footprint and deep domain expertise within financial services
For more information about Capco, visit www.Capco.com.
Capco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.