Data Scientist - Changing Lanes
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services (FS) sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
Capco is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion in all forms are critical to success. We believe everyone brings something different to the table.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile, and entrepreneurial culture.
OUR CHANGING LANES PROGRAMME
Capco is looking for innovative and creative Technology, Digital or Data professionals with experience delivering change across all industries.
The ‘Changing Lanes’ programme provides a comprehensive, structured training plan to help you transition into a Consulting role in the FS industry. There are four roles within the scheme:
- Technical Analyst
- Agile Business Analyst
- Data Analytics Consultant
- Data Scientist
Following two weeks of training, you will work with some of the largest financial services organisations in the world, on industry transforming projects and initiatives.
We are looking for colleagues who will contribute and thrive in our entrepreneurial, meritocratic culture where #BeYourselfAtWork is at the heart of all we do.
WHAT THE PROGRAMME OFFERS
- Before joining Capco, you will connect with a coach who will be aligned to your area of specialism. They will be part of your Capco family from day one and guide you through any questions you have – big or small!
- As part of the “Changing Lanes” cohort, you will meet colleagues and peers who will become your support network throughout your time at Capco
- You will receive two weeks of in-depth training, delving into the world of FS and Capco and covering all the essentials to set you up for a successful career as an FS Consultant
- Upon completion of training, you will work with and meet people from Data, Tech or Digital whilst we find your first client engagement.
WHAT CAPCO WILL OFFER YOU
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that enables you to work with senior partners and clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Capco is looking for Data Scientists experienced in using statistical, algorithmic, mining and/or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems and have demonstrable experience using data science to see beyond the numbers.
As a Data Scientist, you will support a mix of ad hoc and continuous client projects. The successful candidate will also play an active part in the Capco R&D function, designing and developing data science projects that utilise our extensive big data assets together with the latest machine learning techniques, as well as supporting sales pitches by speaking to prospective clients about Capco’s Data Science/Machine Learning capability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Solving challenging problems using data science and advanced machine learning methods.
- Applying data science techniques to process and wrangle data in preparation for analysis; and analyse big data and perform exploratory analysis to uncover insights and identify innovative opportunities.
- Leveraging machine learning techniques, to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources to provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
- Defining approaches to embed and scale machine learning models with senior data scientist oversight.
- Assisting on client pitches and proposals for machine learning projects.
- Working on difficult engineering problems with scientists and business leaders with minimal engineering or data science backgrounds.
- Working with the data science team to build reusable assets and solutions and developing best practices for current and future business problems.
- Working with the engineering team to develop end-to-end production ML systems.
- Staying up–to–date on the latest machine learning capabilities.
- Degree (BSc/MSc) in a numerate discipline
- Analytics, data science, or software development experience
- Experience with Python
- Proficiency in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Experience using machine learning techniques to solve problems involving high-dimension unstructured data
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate complex data science concepts and translate analyses to non-technical audiences
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau, QlikView etc)
- Experience with Data science toolkits for ML and deep learning (SparkML, Tensorflow, Keras)
- Exposure to cloud computing (GCP preferably, AWS, Azure)