Financial Reporting (FR) :
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is looking for hardworking, innovative and creative people to join our Model Designer team.
Financial Reporting (FR) involves the analysis, design and implementation of externally disclosed financial information to the various stakeholders of HSBC Group. It also involves other Financial Regulatory reporting viz., Finrep, GSIB, leverage ratio.
Financial Reporting performs variety of tasks including reporting development, consolidation and finalisation of consolidated results, analytical reviews and document production. The main responsibilities of this role are to deliver financial statements and data for external disclosures, but is also integral to the transformation programme.
FR function includes:
- Designing of Group Chart of Accounts and reporting developments, consolidation activities (consolidation adjustments, intercompany elimination, goodwill impairment test, data adjustment management), data assurance and analytical reviews (including CIA), document production and internal stakeholders Sign-off and related governance and control management
- Establishing reasonableness on the data populated by Operational accounting teams.
- Engaging with Group led IFRS technical projects and lead the FR inputs to these projects, e.g. IFRS 9 etc.
- Continuous engagement with internal and statutory auditors on various aspects, including quarterly review and audit procedures apart from other specific projects
- Perform analytical review (in line with IFRS) and provide assurance on the quality and accuracy of data to be used for preparation and publication of Financial Statements and associated disclosures. The process involves performing appropriate analysis and logical checks to ensure there is reasonableness and consistency in data submissions, as also to identify any material errors and omissions.
- Review and analysis of FX scenario data including commentary on movement of FX exposure and ensuring currency exposure are reported appropriately.
- Prepare/review consolidation journals, manual returns (Detailed break-up/ commentary on numbers), ad hoc information and notes to the Accounts.
- Perform and review analytical review and commentary on primary statements, notes and other disclosures in the Annual Report & Accounts and Interim Report.
- Be a team player in supporting the planning and forecasting team activities (monthly and quarterly), wherever applicable.
- Preparation of Cash Flow Statement including analysis of C&CE as well as related analytical schedule
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and validity of Consolidated data in the financial statements for the purpose of monthly and quarterly reporting
- Manage Summary of unadjusted difference return including co-ordination with sites, PwC and presentation to senior management for SFO sign off.
- Closely work with Saracen IT and change management teams to understand, review and challenge new CRs as well as ensure a robust UAT for an effective implementation
- Qualified CA (Chartered Accountant)/CWA /CPA /CFA/ MBA (Finance)/ PGDBM-Finance with at least 3+ years of post-qualification experience or commerce graduates with at least 5+ years of experience in accounting/financial reporting and global consolidation
- Requires sound understanding of IFRS
- Working experience on Wdesk and Saracen would be an added advantage
- Person should have good understanding on consolidation of financial statements.
- Ability to manage the service delivery of a designated processes
- Ability to understand numbers and their impact drive and achieve accuracies across report deliveries
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word), Saracen and Hyperion
- Excellent Communication skills – Both verbal and written
- Knowledge of, and experience in planning and organizing techniques as well as in problem solving techniques
- Flexibility to work in accordance with Business requirements
- Ability to build rapport with and relate to a wide range of people
- Should be open to shifts and willing to work in flexible hours as per the process requirements
Why Join CAPCO ?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Strong business analysis / requirements gathering ability, with experience in producing solution and process design documentation