Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
The Financial Services Ecosystem is evolving – and data is at the heart of the change. Join our team to lead the data strategy of our financial services clients in their journey to becoming data driven through improved understanding, management and use of data.
We are currently seeking to recruit data consultants across the full data spectrum, in particular with data privacy expertise, to lead and implement leading-edge data projects for our leading Financial Services clients.
Our Data consultants are passionate about data and catapulting the industry towards a new data driven future. Each team member and leader will develop the UK Data Practice capabilities and the broader Global Data Practice to support industry changing topics such as Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. As a team member, collaboration, enthusiasm and encouragement are key to ensuring we maintain our culture and ensure we work in an environment where clients become colleagues.
- Strong practical knowledge of the principles and implications of at least one major data privacy regulation e.g. GDPR, CCPA, LGPD
- Experience of two or more of the following control processes: DPIA/PIA, Cross-border data transfers, Records of Processing, Data Retention, Consent Management, Data Subject Access Requests
- Experience of control design, implementation / embedment, privacy control assessment, and reporting to operational risk
- Experience of delivering privacy solutions in a global matrix environment, working closely with Legal, Operational Risk, Data Privacy Office, Data Management Office / CDO, and Information Security
- Ability to analyse a range of data privacy laws and regulatory obligations and express themes in a structured manner (e.g. a metamodel or a set of rules)
- Experience working in relevant market/context which could include project management skills and experience.
- Ability to engage large number of senior stakeholders at global level to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to highly complex tasks.
- Demonstrable track-record of achievement in new and uncertain environments.
- Ability to contribute to the formulation and implementation of strategy, principles, process and policy.
- Motivated self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within teams and to deliver on time.
Preferential to have:
- Privacy qualifications / certifications e.g. CIPPE / CIPM
- Vendor / tooling experience e.g. OneTrust
- Practical knowledge of adjacent regulations / legal frameworks such as data residency, data sovereignty, data localisation, banking secrecy, tax
- Experience designing and implementing data ethics frameworks
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners
and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture