Senior Cloud Data Engineer
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork. We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance, and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Senior Cloud Data Engineer.
Let’s Get Down To Business
Capco is looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our emerging data engineering team to work on a number of projects and applications.
About The Role
- Lead the design, architecture and development and implementation of cloud based solutions.
- Lead the strategy, architecture, and execution of at- scale batch and real time data processing pipelines to support analytics
- Provide data extraction and management solutions to a diverse team of data analysts and data scientists. Support data scientists accessing and extracting data. Solve issues related to database integration and unstructured data sets providing usable data to scientists
- Lead data architecture efforts in support of key analytics innovations that involve multiple internal and/or external (client) stakeholders
- Design, implement and maintain performance of reliable data pipelines that are scalable
- Operationalize and deploy data and model solutions in a production environment
- Expert understanding of cloud big data architecture patterns and best practices. Hands on implementation knowledge of any one of the cloud technologies is preferred. AWS, GCP or Azure
- In-depth knowledge of RDBMS databases and expert knowledge of any one of the data warehousing (DW) technologies such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake ,MS Azure SQL Datawarehouse.
- Hands on experience with building cloud native ETL pipelines for Batch and Streaming data systems. Experience with ETL pipeline orchestration using tools such as Apache Composer is strongly preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience with enterprise data modelling and architecture.
- Experience with data quality checks, metadata management, data cleansing, data masking for PII data, data security, monitoring and alerting. Experience implementing automated data quality validations within ETL pipelines.
- Experience with database performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience with writing unit and integration tests for ETL pipelines.
- Strong full stack development experience with either one of the programming languages, Java or Python. Familiarity with Scala would be a plus.
- Prior experience with Cloud Data Migration and using Integration tools like Informatica IICS, Talend, Matillion etc.
- Experience with building and integrating code with application CI/CD pipelines
It will be very useful if you have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- You have a degree in Mathematics or Computer Science and 8+ years of hands-on experience including a minimum of 5 years’ experience with big data
- Exceptional knowledge of Database technologies – RDBMS or NoSQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment is an asset
- Experience working with code versioning tools
- Experience working with cloud technologies
- Experience working with build, packaging and continuous integration tools and framework
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From day one, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
Capco is well known for its thought leadership and client-centric model that distinguishes it from other consulting firms. Capco’s strong technology and digital knowledge base, it’s global experience of the Financial Service enables us to deliver projects from strategy through to delivery. We are committed to providing new areas of expertise from which our clients will greatly benefit.
- Access to industry-focused talent globally
- Ability to leverage best-of-breed, innovative products and solutions for complex architecture and large-scale transformation
- Extended global geographic market reach
- Ability to capitalize on our client footprint and deep domain expertise within financial services
For more information about Capco, visit www.Capco.com.
Capco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.