Senior Project Manager - Insurance
About the Team:
Capco is a global business and technology management consultancy dedicated to the Financial Services, Energy and Insurance industries. We combine innovative thinking with unrivalled industry knowledge to deliver business consulting, digital, technology and transformational services to our clients. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps our clients increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs, and enhance control. Here at Capco, we are defined by innovative development and provide you with the opportunity to help solve significant business issues by leveraging modern technologies and to transform operations for some of the world’s largest financial services institutions during a period of sweeping industry change.
About the Job:
As a Senior Project Manager on the Insurance Team, you will work in a fast-paced team setting, alongside industry experts. You will become an expert in cross-functional, end-to-end delivery that spans multiple products. In this role, you will lead traditional or agile teams to implement new capabilities for Insurance and Financial Services clients. You will provide leadership and coaching on Traditional and Agile/Modern Delivery principles across the delivery team, support creation of project charters and delivery plans, and manage risks/issues/dependencies.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Provide end-to-end oversight for the delivery of complex, large-scale initiatives
- Build relationships with clients and maintain a consistent level of communication about the projects to ensure strong, productive interactions
- Support commercial growth of our Insurance clients across geographies and disciplines
- Develop forward-thinking technology, business, and digital solutions for insurance clients nationally
- Produce insights, analyses, and recommendations to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance related to transformative efforts
- Create and maintain key project management artifacts using tools like MS Project. Identify, manage, and resolve issues
- Prepare and deliver professional, informative status reports to senior executives
- Facilitate productive project team meetings across the core team and matrix partners
- Provide guidance and direction to project team members - hold team members accountable for project assignments. Ensure quality deliverables that meet client requirements
- Lead and mentor resources to grow in their careers
- Proactively engage with clients and Capco leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions
- Cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
What You’ll Bring with You:
- 10+ years of project management or Agile software delivery experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the Insurance Industry – primarily life, annuities, retirement and group benefits. Personal and commercial lines, specialty insurance, re-insurance, or investment operations is a strong plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas within the Industry: digital transformation, agile transformation, data, operational excellence, M&A/Divestitures, technology/platform modernization
- Ability to structure, plan, and lead complex, multi-team projects
- Extensive experience delivering large scale program initiatives, reporting directly to senior stakeholders and managing multiple teams
- Clear and defined leadership skills with the ability to take charge, own deliverables and carry them through ideation to deployment
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills with the ability to liaise and influence a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop trusted and durable relationships with clients and partners across domains
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Insurance industry accreditations a plus
You will join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers – we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm. We warmly value diversity and inclusion and embrace our collective uniqueness – our culture is a strong, fresh, and invigorating difference from our competitors.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.