Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
What you will do:
- Drive technical direction in the team, covering one or more products/ projects;
- Coordinate work across products/ projects and teams;
- Make sure standards and best practices are being followed. Play an active role in defining and reviewing them;
- Mentoring and coaching team members;
- Play an important role in shaping the software development methodology, choosing the technical stack for the project, defining non-functional requirements, defining software architecture, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- Practical proficiency in the programming languages from your stack (backend and/ or frontend) - To be able to make good technical choices and do the code reviews;
- Good level of skills related to data stores - In most projects, you deal with information read or stored somewhere. Also, this knowledge is a perfect ground for system design competence;
- Effective collaboration skills - A good amount of your time is spent identifying and clearing roadblocks for your team. This requires effective collaboration skills. You will collaborate with different functions to get what your team needs to move forward;
- Extensive knowledge of modern technology trends, especially in the Cloud space. Ensure the development team is leveraging standard project and DevOps tooling;
- Good communication skills - Find ways for non-technical people to understand technical concepts;
- Planning and estimation skills;
- People skills - Mentoring, building relationships, influencing change;
- Experience recruiting and interviewing for a fast-growth business area;
- A strong interest in Financial Services;
- A passion for growing and developing, a desire for self-improvement and a strong work ethic;
- A real interest in Software Engineering and end-to-end design and delivery.