Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking, etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
- Financial services firms have significant challenges and great opportunities to manage and exploit data – their own and new big data sets. Their ability to compete, to comply, and to transform is tied to their ability to unlock hidden links between data scattered around various data silos and extract value from it. Next generation tools in the industry will include AI systems powered by knowledge graphs – able to handle complexity and ensure that the answers they provide have context and can be explained
- Graph and Semantic Engineering are emerging enterprise data technologies that leverage ontologies and related advanced analytics – including artificial intelligence – to build and represent knowledge in expressive and novel ways
- Capco’s clients are beginning to exploit this paradigm shift – a shift in how highly variable structured and unstructured information is linked – to building knowledge that can be meaningfully understood by people and machines
- Primary responsibility in this role is to help clients succeed by understanding, exploiting, designing, and implementing solutions involving graph and semantic technologies – including advanced data management and analytics, and other innovative new ways
- Other responsibilities include growing the Data Practice domain in scale and capability – applying an entrepreneurial mindset to build upon Capco established capabilities and relationships – maintaining thought leadership in how graph is applied today, and where future strategies could lead
- This will involve shaping and executing the hiring strategy and developing the best of in-house talent
- In the fast-changing landscape of potential partners in graph technology, an ongoing curiosity and developing connections with key partners, will enable valuable support for clients
Skills & Expertise
- Graph and Semantic Data Consultants will require multi-disciplinary capabilities required to explain, design and create powerful knowledge graph models – a good balance of business and technical understanding
- Sound understanding of Knowledge Representation and Semantic Technologies (OWL, RDF, SWRL, SPARQL, JSON-LD) including semantic modelling and data integration, data unification, knowledge graph design, ontology and taxonomy
- Awareness of the breadth of use cases for these technologies, prudent user interface design which exploit the power of graph and mitigates the challenges of visualizing graph data
- Experience with Graph/Triple Stores and related technologies, e.g. PoolParty, Stardog, TigerGraph, Ontotext GraphDB, Grakn, MarkLogic, Metaphactory, Neo4j
- Understanding of data/information architecture and modelling languages such as UML, ER, IDEF, Data Flow Diagram
- Excellent Communication skills – be an effective, passionate, trusted advocate and communicator for Graph and Semantic Technologies
Other desired skills:
- Good awareness of financial services domain is a great advantage
- Ability to utilize NLP, machine learning and semantic text mining to translate data into machine understandable representations to support advanced analytics, classification, inference processing and knowledge extraction
- Familiarity with mapping techniques, e.g. R2RML, for transforming relational/tabular datasets into triples
- Agile software development frameworks, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming
- Understanding of data management and governance toolsets and methodologies
- Programming skills: Java, Scala a plus, other modern languages can be considered e.g. Python
- Experience in applying semantic technologies in an industry setting, or practical experience as part of an academic, Library Science or Information/Knowledge Management career
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners
and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture