Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector, and is part of the Wipro group. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. You will have the opportunity to work on engaging projects with some of the largest financial institutions in the world, on projects that transform the industry.
This is an exciting time to join Capco, as we build on our successes in London and Edinburgh, establishing our new regional hub in Manchester to support the local operations of our global clients. You will be part of the founding group of Manchester-based colleagues, with an opportunity to help build and develop our business in the North West of England.
We think about Planning a little differently, and if you do too then we want to hear from you. Our next generation Planning teams think and act strategically, using data-driven insights to provide the backbone for large programmes and portfolios of work. We use design thinking to develop meaningful reports, rapid prototyping and agile development to automate the heavy lifting of the day-to-day running of a Plan and PMO, and collaborate with our offshore PMO support teams to streamline administrative tasks, ensuring we can maintain focus on guiding delivery. You will learn to use our bespoke suite of programme/portfolio visualisation tools and utilise our partnerships with local Fintech start-ups to supercharge our clients’ Planning activities.
You will also need an excellent understanding of how Programme and PMO#s function, including reporting, RAID management, resource tracking, financial management, policies and methodologies, with an understanding of how to optimise processes to improve operational efficiency. We pride ourselves on our stakeholder relationships, therefore strong stakeholder management skills are essential. Your roles will have a global focus and will require collaboration with Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, IT and other functions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Professional experience is important, however it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From the very first day, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients a advantage in a dynamic industry. You will initially support the planning of a large Change portfolio covering a multitude of initiatives (such as Ops Resilience, TOM, Data & Digital, Tech Debt). This role will coordinate the plans from respective areas and create an over-arching plan that can track and report on progress and dependencies between the programmes, highlighting any risks to plan to senior stakeholders.
- Establish the overall portfolio plan and ensure project plans are planned and aligned
- Put in place the appropriate mechanism for tracking against portfolio / projects plan
- Planning capabilities
- PMO -governance and control
- Reporting and documentation
- Strong stakeholder management at senior level
- Consolidation of waterfall and agile elements in plan
- Interrogation of plan elements to identify risks
- QA existing PM’s plans and support the drive to improve overall planning standards
- Experience of planning complex programmes and building relationships with Business SME’s as well as Technology leads
- Experience in managing dependencies across multiple workstreams
- Strong and extensive Planning knowledge in order to mentor and train PM’s – this is a hands on planning role not just producing MI
- Must be able to challenge reporting with CPA
- Background in financial services, consulting, life & pensions would be desirable
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture