Role: DevOps Engineer
Business Sector: Banking
We are a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
THINGS YOU WILL DO
Work in a “SWAT” team to increase DevOps capabilities maturity within the Data Technology space. The type of work will vary from building CI/CD pipelines to increasing release automation, improving CI and CD capabilities and moving from on-prem to Cloud infrastructure.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement.
- Have deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and is curious to learn other parts of the stack.
- Have experience delivering software/technology projects leveraging Agile methodologies
- Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
- Have played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
- Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
You will have experience working with some of the following methodologies/technologies
- Expert in the Software Development Lifecycle with both a Dev and Ops mindset
- Deep understanding of containerisation and aware of container orchestration concepts, including hands on Docker experience.
- Proven experience using AWS, GCP and/or Azure with a strong understanding of CSP networking and security features and services
- Great appreciation of DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code concept and techniques, including Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Hands on experience of using scripting with Python, Groovy to build CI/CD pipelines on Jenkins, CircleCI, GoCD.
- Driven the implementation of DevOps solutions within a project or organisation, ensuring compliance with organisation standards and best practice.
- Understanding of application and system monitoring tools with experience of auto-healing, autoscaling and predictive monitoring
- Experienced in Automation and Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Helm.
- TDD or BDD understanding and how to enable and orchestrate the different types of tests required by the quality phase.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience migrating on-premises solutions to a Cloud ecosystem (preferably using GCP).
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and bringing automation in a Data-focus environment using e.g., DataStage, DWH, Hadoop, batch jobs etc.
- Experience working in a large global team.
WHY WORTH JOINING US
You will be working on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
In addition, we offer:
- Employment contract and Business to Business as you prefer
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Speaking English on daily basis, mainly in contact with foreign stakeholders and peers
- Being part of the core squad focused on the growth of the Polish business unit - being part of the growth story
- Access to 3.000+ Business Courses Platform
- Multiple employee benefit package on employment contract (MultiSport card, private medical care, lunch card)