Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognise that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is looking for hardworking, innovative and creative people to join our Engineering team.
We are looking for Developers who can work on multiple varied and exciting projects including the creation of:
- New Banks - Yes, seriously! We have delivered and are actively building new digital banks from scratch for our global clients.
- New Open Banking Services - We played a key role in shaping the open banking regulation and are now delivering it for clients.
- Robotic Automation Solutions - We are currently delivering into production several projects using RPA and Machine Learning.
- New Social Networks - We recently launched a social network for business banking customers for one of our Tier 1 Banking clients.
As a Capco Backend Engineer you will:
Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement.
Have deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and is curious to learn other parts of the stack.
Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
Have played a role in the delivery of business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
Skills & Expertise
You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies;
Good knowledge of Java 8+ Spring Boot, Gradle, Maven, Mockito, Microservice architecture
Good knowledge of Object-oriented programming and familiarity with functional programming languages
Good understanding of collections and concurrency in Java
Experience in working with restful APIs
Good understanding of different databases (Relational and NoSQL)
Good knowledge in the unit test, static code analysis and BDD/TDD
Practices Agile principles
Knowledge of Terraform and Event-driven architecture
Knowledge of serverless functions like AWS Lambda/Azure Functions/GCP functions
Have experience in Messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.)
Experience in integration of QA automation tools
Why join Capco as a Backend Engineer?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
You’ll be part of excellent teams developing the new financial services apps, having the opportunity to work on exciting greenfield projects as well as on established Tier1 banks applications already adopted by millions of users.
You will have the opportunity to learn and work with other back-end technologies (not restricted to Java) whenever you want to widen your expertise.
We offer you the opportunity to train with the best courses and portals available online and get certified becoming the best version of software engineer you can.