Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognise that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco is looking for hardworking, innovative and creative people to join our Engineering team.
We are looking for Developers who can work on multiple varied and exciting projects including the creation of:
- New Banks - Yes, seriously! We have delivered and are actively building new digital banks from scratch for our global clients.
- New Open Banking Services - We played a key role in shaping the open banking regulation and are now delivering it for clients.
- Robotic Automation Solutions - We are currently delivering into production several projects using RPA and Machine Learning.
- New Social Networks - We recently launched a social network for business banking customers for one of our Tier 1 Banking clients.
As a Capco Principal Engineer you will:
- Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement
- Have expertise in a set of the team's domains, including the breadth of services, how they interact, and data flows between systems
- Able to work individually or with teams drawing on experience to recommend tooling and solutions aligning with organisational strategies. Influences organisation wide testing strategy
- Architects services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling. Guides teams in anticipation of future use cases and helps them make design decisions that minimise the cost of future changes
- Actively contributes to security designs based on the organisation's security strategy. Fosters a security first mindset across teams, and leads by example. Has advanced knowledge of key security technologies, protocols & techniques (e.g. TLS, OAuth, Encryption, Networks)
- Be comfortable managing engineers ensuring they are tracking the team's efficiency and quality of work, they assist in regularly adjusting processes and timelines to ensure high quality work is delivered
- Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
- Have played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
- Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
Skills & Expertise
You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies;
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8+, SpringBoot, Gradle, Maven, Mockito, Microservice architecture
- Excellent knowledge of Object-oriented programming and familiarity with functional programming languages
- Excellent understanding of collections and concurrency in Java
- Experience in working with restful APIs
- Good understanding of different databases (Relational and NoSQL)
- Expert knowledge in the unit test, static code analysis and BDD/TDD
- Experience in continuous integration with Git, Jenkins, Nexus
- Practices Agile principles
- Able to do code reviews/ mentor and train junior developers
- Write highly available, maintainable and secure code
- Good understanding of Web and Architectural design patterns
- Great understanding of the Solid Principles, OWASP, CAP Theorem and Distributed Systems Design
- Stakeholder Management and able to communicate well to all the team members
- Experience with container technologies including Docker / Kubernetes
- Wider Engineering technical expertise
- Knowledge of Terraform and Event-driven architecture
- Participated in redesigning a monolith system to a set of microservices
- Knowledge of serverless functions like AWS Lambda/Azure Functions/GCP functions
- Have experience in Messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Good understanding of Service Security Protocols (OAuth2, SAML etc.)
- Practical experience on at least one cloud
- Experience in integration with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Experience in integration of QA automation tools
Why join Capco as a Principal Engineer?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
You’ll be part of / lead excellent teams developing the new financial services apps, having the opportunity to work on exciting greenfield projects as well as on established Tier1 banks applications already adopted by millions of users.
You will have the opportunity to learn and work with other back-end technologies (not restricted to Java) whenever you want to widen your expertise.
We offer you the opportunity to train with the best courses and portals available online and get certified becoming the best version of software engineer you can.