Senior Consultant – Center of Regulatory Intelligence – Orlando or Washington, D.C.
About the team:
Capco’s Risk, Information Security and Compliance (RISC) team partners with community and regional financial institution clients and FinTechs to optimize enterprise risk management and regulatory compliance programs, policies, and processes. Our value-added solutions are flexible and adaptable based on each client’s strategic objctives, products and services offered, and delivery channels. Our services and solutions are core agnostic and easily integrated. We supplement internal processes and skill sets with our diverse subject matter expertise and years of experience in the financial services industry. With a proven track record spanning 20+ years, our team is adept at generating effective and sustainable compliance and risk management strategies and programs to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and interagency guidance. Our ongoing monitoring of thousands of regulatory sites and pronouncements enables us to offer our valued clients actionable intelligence that effectively reduces financial, legal, regulatory, and reputational risk.
About the Job:
As a Senior Consultant in Capco’s Center of Regulatory Intelligence, you will have the opportunity to advise clients on federal consumers laws and regulations. You will work to understand how issues are impacting client business operations, and risk management, compliance, and audit functions and develop customized training specific to each client.
You will provide answers to difficult compliance questions, review advertising materials and internal policies for diverse institutions, and create solutions to problems created by complex regulations. You will also interact advise key business lines and personnel to strengthen regulatory compliance and training programs.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Create high quality customized training solutions that meet an institution’s specific needs and regulatory requirements.
- Work with institutions to develop adapted content, design for clarity and comprehension, and deliver courses that meet the unique needs of an institution by asset size, risk profile and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure development and delivery of content personalized for an institution’s risk profile; address audit or examination findings; or conform to industry best practices.
- Customized training that focuses solely on comprehensive regulatory requirements or compliance requirements by job classification.
- Enhance trainings to include the institution’s policies, procedures and product offerings.
- Deliver best-in-class advice on federal consumer laws and regulations.
- Review advertising, disclosures, policies, etc. to assess compliance then offer appropriate compliance recommendations.
- Remain abreast of new and amended laws/regulations and internal policy changes to further identify new key risk areas and up-selling or cross-selling opportunities.
- Share thought leadership and actionable intelligence by writing blogs, white papers, presenting webinars, and speaking at industry events and state trade association meetings as requested.
What You’ll Bring with You:
- 6-10+ years’ experience working in bank regulatory compliance, legal or other control-related function in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, and/or consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Law degree and compliance certifications are a plus
- Highly proficient in consumer and regulatory compliance-related laws and principles, concerning privacy, lending, servicing, deposit operations, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), fair lending, non-deposit investment and insurance products, marketing, and/or advertising
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience with learning management systems
You will join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers – we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.