Who we are
Capco Global IT ensure that our employees are always able to conduct business with our client in the safest way whilst allowing flexibility and enabling to work while travelling or at home. The team support over five and a half thousand people globally across three territories using an IT infrastructure team of just 37 people.
The core of Capco’s business is consulting but we also have digital engineering departments who look at emerging tools and help clients with advanced data processing.
Capco IT is a truly IT department with global standards but the freedom to operate independently where it makes sense. Reporting into the IT Director are 3 Territory Leaders whose main role is to ensure that the operational service in their territory aligns to agreed service levels and improve the service that we provide. Each territory consists of circa 9 people whose main role is 1st/2nd line operational support and procurement. Supporting these teams are 6 technical SME’s/Managers who ensure that the core infrastructure is monitored and maintained.
About the Job
We are looking for driven Analyst to work in the European territory on ensuring the operational tickets are being effectively managed within the queues assigned to you. Analysts respond to incoming requests for IT support and resolve network, hardware and software issues with computers. They also perform technical maintenance and software installations and updates.
On a day-to-day basis you will be assisting people within your office with “walk up’s” or service desk requests and also assist other areas with requests and fixes.
Our analysts are key to Capco as they are the face of IT globally and understand when re-occurring problems happen.
Role Scope and Key Responsibilities
- Manage the calls within your call queue and ensure that tickets are triaged and managed in line with ITIL standards.
- Work with the team to ensure that all end user compute devices conform to our infrastructure and security standards (e.g. within agreed patching levels and with the right versions of software).
- Act as a point of escalation for Administrators within the team.
- Analyse & resolve IT incidents with a varying degree of complexity.
- Determine the priority of incidents with Senior Analysts.
- Management and monitoring of the printing fleet within your territory.
- Administer and help support the telephony and video conferencing system(s) in conjunction with 3rd party vendors.
- Maintain and audit inventory of computer assets & software licences.
- Review operational processes, identify any abnormalities and update information as required.
- Must have Level 1 (2-4 years) experience in installing, technical troubleshooting and fixing desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals hardware problems as well as desktop applications.
- Must have experience of working in a Service Desk support function in a significantly sized organisation (ideally supporting 1000+ networked PCs).
- Technical knowledge in: Windows & Apple client operating systems, Microsoft Office (including O365), Duo, InTune, Jamf (Desirable).
- Obtained or studying towards an IT support qualification (MCSE, CompTIA etc).
- Able to work well under pressure and at a high work rate.
- Demonstrable experience how to respond to major or re-occurring incidents.
- Must be capable of thinking around issues, plan their remediation and communicate to affected people.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and the concepts such as DNS and DHCP.
- Basic knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts.
- Knowledge of Incident & Problem management and root cause analysis aligning to ITIL and using a Service Desk system such as Service Now.
- Ability to work with deadlines and complete tasks on-time. Takes proactive ownership and works with sense of urgency.
You will join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers – we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm. As a member of IT you won’t just be technical you will be responsible for technical service success and because of that we will be passionate about ensuring you are appropriately trained and empowered to enjoy your role.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.