Java Developer - Digital Engineering

Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.

We are/have:

• Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
  • Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
  • Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
  • Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture

Role Description

Capco is looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our fast-growing Engineering function, initially within a high-profile new project based in Glasgow, Scotland.

We are looking for Developers who can work on multiple varied and exciting projects including the creation of:

• New Banks – yes, seriously! We have delivered and are actively building new digital banks from scratch for our global clients.
  • New Open Banking Services – we played a key role in shaping the open banking regulation and are now delivering it for clients.
  • Robotic Automation Solutions – we are currently delivering into production several projects using RPA and Machine Learning.
  • New Social Networks – we recently launched a social network for business banking customers for one of our Tier 1 Banking clients.

As a Capco Full Stack Developer you will;

• Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement.
  • Have deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and is curious to learn other parts of the stack.
  • Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
  • Have played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
  • Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
  • Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
  • Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.

Skills & Expertise

You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies;

Required

• Strong working knowledge of Java/J2EE, Scala and OOP - ideally minimum of 5 years' experience
  • Knowledge of common Java frameworks and technologies, including Spring Framework, Angular JS, Spark
  • Experience of web services, including knowledge of REST / SOAP / XML/ JSON
  • Strong data analysis skills - SQL, DB2, Sybase
  • Experience of the full SDLC within an Agile environment
  • Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment
  • Experience of working on mid to large scale development projects

Desirable

• Financial Services/Investment Banking/Cap Markets domain experience, with a strong interest in the financial products, trading and regulation
  • Experience using Hadoop File System, Spark, Sqoop, Dataiku

Apply for this Job

* Required

UK Demographics Questionnaire

Capco does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts, please consider participating in the optional questionnaire. 

I identify my gender as (Select one)

I identify my ethnicity group as (Select one)

I identify my ethnicity sub group as (Select one)