Creative Technologist – Capco Innovation Lab
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
Overview of the Innovation Lab
We are looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our Innovation Lab team. The Innovation Lab is a dedicated space for Capco to rapidly identify, explore and validate new product and service ideas with the aim of accelerating our clients’ journey from problem to solution. Our cross-functional teams do this by applying an experimental mindset of test and learn to the problems we aim to solve and ensure that we keep the end user at the heart of the solution with our human centred approach.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for creative individuals with an experimental mindset, with at least 4 years of experience working in a cross-functional product or development team designing digital products and services – ideally within Financial Services and in particular innovation hubs/labs/centres. This is an exciting opportunity for full-stack developers looking for a highly diverse role, developing functional prototypes and delivering Proofs of Concepts at pace in our Innovation Lab where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking and inter-personal skills as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As a Creative Technologist in the Innovation Lab, you will:
- Be a specialist in prototyping and can translate high-level experience designs into interactive prototypes
- Provide technology scoping for production solutions
- Demonstrate practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement.
- Have deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and is curious to learn other parts of the stack.
- Have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
- Have played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
- Have an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
- Have a passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies:
- Experience with the MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular, Node) OR
- Experience with the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) OR
- Experience across common technologies (e.g. React with Java / Spring Boot)
- Related open source frameworks and tools for the relevant stack
- Public cloud hosting experience (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Methodologies – TDD, BDD, DDD
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as a Creative Technologist in the Innovation Lab:
- How can we design and build a perpetual KYC prototype that identifies changes to client data in real time, visualises complex organisational structures and ultimately reduces the volume of manual and repetitive tasks within the KYC process?
- How can we streamline the capturing and updating of project resourcing data to enable project managers to create consistent and reliable project budgeting forecasts via a web portal?
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture