Experience Designer– Capco Innovation Lab
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
Overview of the Innovation Lab
We are looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our Innovation Lab team. The Innovation Lab is a dedicated space for Capco to rapidly identify, explore and validate new product and service ideas with the aim of accelerating our clients’ journey from problem to solution. Our cross-functional teams do this by applying an experimental mindset of test and learn to the problems we aim to solve and ensure that we keep the end user at the heart of the solution with our human centred approach.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for empathetic people with an experimental mindset, with at least 4 years’ experience working in a cross-functional product or development team designing digital products and services – ideally within Financial Services(but not mandatory) and in particular innovation hubs/labs/centres. This is an exciting opportunity for experienced designers looking for a highly diverse role, championing experience design in Capco’s Innovation Lab where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking and inter-personal skills as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As an Experience Designer in the Innovation Lab, you will:
- Rapidly design experiences that can be tested for validation
- Translate business and user needs and technology constraints into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging
- Facilitate workshops to answer critical business questions through design thinking, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers
- Lead and support discovery of the project lifecycle, including workshops, user and stakeholder interviews, analytics, audits and benchmarking
- Utilise quantitative and qualitative research to generate meaningful insights that will drive creative concepts
- Design journey maps, navigation design, sitemaps, information architecture, wireframes, storyboards and prototypes
- Bring complex data products to life through maps, dashboards and infographics
- Define reporting and measurement metrics focused on project and usability goals
A few things that will set you apart:
- Experience wearing multiple hats across information architecture, UX and high-level UI design
- Experience with Jobs-to-be-Done methodology
- A good understanding of human psychology
- Strong storytelling and communication skills
- Experience with market research, competitive landscape, and testing methods (A/B, multivariate testing)
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as an experience designer:
- How can a savings bank design and launch a mobile savings proposition to increase the size of deposits made into the lending arm of their business?
- How can a life insurance provider improve customer engagement through E2E digital servicing so that they can reduce the cost to serve and better meet customer needs?
- How can the workflow of a KYC analyst be redesigned to reduce the volume of manual and repetitive tasks to free up time to focus on complex risk cases?
- How can an Investment Bank reimagine a complex internal process to improve employee productivity and reduce human-errors?
- How can the user experience of a retail investment mobile app be improved to increase the size of the user base and user engagement?
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture