Research Strategist – Capco Innovation Lab
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
Overview of the Innovation Lab
We are looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our Innovation Lab team. The Innovation Lab is a dedicated space for Capco to rapidly identify, explore and validate new product and service ideas with the aim of accelerating our clients’ journey from problem to solution. Our cross-functional teams do this by applying an experimental mindset of test and learn to the problems we aim to solve and ensure that we keep the end user at the heart of the solution with our human centred approach.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for empathetic people with an experimental mindset, with at least 3 years’ experience planning and executing research activities as well as running workshops to generate relevant insights that input into the development of enhanced experiences and products, ideally within Financial Services and in particular innovation hubs/labs/centres.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced researchers looking for a highly diverse role, championing strategic research within the Innovation Lab at Capco where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking and inter-personal skills as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As a Research Strategist in the Innovation Lab, you will:
- Lead the planning, design and execution of qualitative and quantitative research to analyse human behaviour. Experiments vary significantly in type, client, business domain and deliverables and offer an opportunity to work on diverse engagements to drive innovation and design excellence across the entire Financial Services Industry (Retail, Commercial, Investment, Wealth and Asset Management, Insurance and Capital Markets).
- Lead the research synthesis process, surfacing insights that are used for decision making in the development of products, services, strategies, processes or experiences.
- Be able to articulate the key Jobs To Be Done (JTBD) for the experiment.
- Support and facilitate Design Thinking workshops to uncover people’s needs, explore ideas and prototype solutions to elicit user feedback.
- Ensure stakeholders understand the benefit of research and the business value is delivers.
- Influence how decisions are made and constructively challenging ways of thinking at both the team and senior stakeholder level using research-based evidence and insight.
- Present research findings and related recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Align user research activities with wider client and project objectives to provide strategic insights
A few things that will set you apart:
- Experience with Jobs To Be Done methodology
- A good understanding of human psychology
- Experience with market analysis (research, segmentation, positioning and sizing)
- Experience with hypothesis testing and forming logical narratives and research plans
- Strong storytelling and communication skills
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as a Research Strategist:
- How can a savings bank design and launch a mobile savings proposition to increase the size of deposits made into the lending arm of their business?
- How can a life insurance provider improve customer engagement through E2E digital servicing so that they can reduce the cost to serve and better meet customer needs?
- How can the workflow of a KYC analyst be redesigned to reduce the volume of manual and repetitive tasks to free up time to focus on complex risk cases?
- How can an Investment Bank reimagine a complex internal process to improve employee productivity and reduce human-errors?
- How can the user experience of a retail investment mobile app be improved to increase the size of the user base and user engagement?
- How can a Retail Bank leverage conversational AI to reduce the cost and human error within operations?
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture