Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you are encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It is important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we would love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in capital markets, banking and payments, wealth and asset management, and insurance.
- Deep in our knowledge of financial services offerings, including finance, risk and compliance, financial crime, capital markets, and core banking.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there.
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture.
Capco is looking for driven, entrepreneurial, high achieving and high potential individuals to take our finance transformation practice to the next level. In this role you will work as part of a transformation team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, delivering client engagements by leading change programmes. You will also spend time supporting the development of the team and you will be expected to drive significant sales opportunities.
The type of projects we cover are:
- Finance strategy and operating models.
- Finance and shared services / outsourcing.
- Finance organisation design.
- Financial regulatory change and reporting
- Finance function process improvement including digital process modelling, automation and RPA.
- Cost reduction exercises, with effective benefit realisation plans.
- Benchmarking the finance function.
- Performance management including budgeting and forecasting.
- Finance IT strategy - including embedding applicable digital technologies.
In your role as a Finance Transformation Leader, you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering on client assignments. Own and deliver projects ensuring client satisfaction by providing timely, value-added services that meet or exceed expectations.
- Developing long-term trusted advisor relationships with external clients and industry contacts.at Director and C-level, taking firm-wide offerings to the client
- Partner with clients to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to client`s Business and IT Strategies, leveraging common solutions and services to meet key project goals
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new and existing clients.
- Be reposonsible for the financial management of clients engagements
- Develop plans to solve complex challenges for our clients.
- Managing programme budgets and benefits tracking across business and IT resourcing spend.
- Ensuring management information is provided to and easily understood by programme leads, senior management and committees.
- Leading a matrix management team, securing resources when needed, and leveraging team member competencies to promote project interests and completion of objectives.
- Ensuring timely escalation and control of risks, issues, dependencies and timelines.
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff as well as monitoring staff availability, chargeability and supporting the development of less utilised staff
- Supporting the sharing of knowledge and experience with the team to help develop your colleagues and the capability of the firm.
Skills and Expertise
Finance / Accounting
- Degree level qualification and formal accounting qualification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or equivalent understanding of accounting principles and processes.
- Understanding of established Finance systems such as ERP, EPM, RPA and AI.
- Experience of reg tech and financial software for XBRL reporting
- A clear understanding of Finance regulatory, statutory and management reporting.
- Experience of leading technology-enabled Finance (i.e. ERP, Accounting Engines/Subledger/Finance Reporting implementation) and wider Corporate Services transformation programmes.
- Understanding the impact of the relationship between finance and other functions such as risk, tax and compliance.
- Experience of the impact of regulations on finance in financial services. Candidates will ideally have exposure and delivery experience to one or more of IFRS 17, IFRS 9, Basel III, SOX.
- Delivery track record of leading complex finance transformation, delivering multiple workstreams simultaneously, and managing a complex stakeholder environment.
- Experience in managing change projects, including resource management, budgeting, communications and governance.
- Understanding of the project lifecycle from requirements through to implementation.
- Ability to work with technology partners to achieve client success.
- Understanding of business and technical architectures.
- Knowledge of formal project management methods e.g., Agile, PMI, Prince 2.
- Consulting track record with several years of experience in financial services, ideally with big 4 or equivalent
- Minimum of ten years’ experience leading and developing teams.
- Experience of working with the C-Suite - CFO, CRO, CDO community
- Proven track record for delivering complex transformation programmes.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, problem-solving, team leadership and communication skills.
- Strong MS Office skills, combined with data analysis experience.
- Formal accounting qualification or equivalent understanding of accounting principles and processes.
- Experience of developing thought leadership, new methodologies and propositions in Finance
Our work culture is focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees. This means that we will work with you to track your development so you know how you are doing and where you can improve. At this early stage in your career, you will have access to inspirational leaders and high-quality training, to give you every opportunity to become a recognised expert.
Ongoing learning opportunities mean that you will also have the opportunity to work towards accountancy (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and other consulting qualifications, and we will work with you along your journey.
Successful candidates can build relationships quickly with colleagues and clients. Flexibility is also key, you will need to handle changing priorities and workloads and as you grow, you would also need to have the capacity to take on greater responsibilities as you develop within the firm. You should be intellectually curious and interested in developing your professional and technical skills, to understand client issues and help them to prosper.
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on assignments that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees.
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients.
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.