About the team:
Capco Digital is a consultancy specializing in designing, developing, and delivering customer-centric solutions for global Financial Services clients. We deliver across the full product lifecycle, from strategy to launch and beyond.
We leverage Design Thinking to find the right problems to solve and work as a collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams to find the best solutions. We find meaningful insights and co-design with partners and customers. We love to sketch, prototype, and think beyond single touchpoints.
We tackle various types of problems, and we’re always looking for new approaches to work more efficiently and smarter. Our Labs group empowers us to conceptualize, sell, and implement solutions that leverage new and emerging technologies.
About the Job:
As an Experience Design Lead, you'll use your strong design and research skills to transform our clients’ digital experiences into unique and differentiated offerings. We are looking for someone with a knack for simplifying complex things, a servant-leader attitude, and a passion for their craft to help us generate captivating solutions for our clients.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Lead design and research teams to create compelling, intuitive, and innovative experiences for financial services clients.
- Be a champion for human-centered processes. Advocate for and find ways to include the customer throughout the product development process—from insights to ideas and concept to launch.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Create project approaches, frameworks, personas, user journeys, user flows, service blueprints, design mock-ups, and interactive experience prototypes.
- Lead workshops and design sprints to generate results in a rapid and iterative way.
- Validate work through user research and usability testing, including drafting discussion guides, conducting interviews, and synthesizing feedback into actionable read-outs or reports.
- Lead junior designers and researchers through the delivery of creative assets, providing meaningful and constructive critique of their work and mentoring them in their careers
- Communicate design intent to internal and external teams and clearly represent your team’s design work through effective storytelling
- Take ownership of user experience consistency and quality, creating style guides and design systems that enable designers, developers, and product managers to build intuitive and beautiful products more efficiently
- Actively grow the design culture within Capco and within our clients’ organizations
- Identify opportunities to improve the way the larger team operates (e.g. the interaction between Product and Design or Design and Tech).
What You’ll Bring with You:
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a mastery of the UI/UX lifecycle, including examples of where you have led teams to deliver complex work
- 7+ years of experience design, with consumer and internal facing examples is preferred
- A degree Degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Motion, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study is preferred
- The ability to estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and communicate when risk arises.
- A background in banking, capital markets, insurance or energy is preferred
- A deep understanding of user experience, user research, interaction design, and service design principles
- Proficiency with wireframing, prototyping and visual design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, InVision)
- Ability to communicate ideas with confidence and create engaging presentations that tell a story and inspire others
- Strong functional analysis skills: ability to understand how design connects to business initiatives and to communicate effectively with non-design stakeholders
- An inspiring and empathetic approach to leadership that drives people to seek you out for mentorship and advice.
- A genuine desire to hone your craft and have a voice through writing articles, speaking on panels, etc.
- Experience designing for desktop, mobile and native apps.
- Understanding and familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies.
You will join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers – we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready for the next step?
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.