Mortgages Compliance Consultant – Banking

ABOUT CAPCO

Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.

We are/have:

• Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
  • Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
  • Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
  • Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture

ROLE DESCRIPTION

To support our growth plans in Banking, we are looking for consultants who are highly-skilled and experienced in compliance delivery and advisory across the end-to-end mortgages regulatory landscape, including adherence to treating customers fairly (TCF) principles, product design, servicing operations, treatment of vulnerable customers, arrears, forbearance, collections and recoveries. Key responsibilities of the role include:

• Supporting clients and client delivery teams with industry and technical expertise on risk and regulatory matters within the retail mortgages sector
  • Acting as mortgages compliance subject matter expert on large and small engagements, often simultaneously
  • Developing offerings to respond to new regulatory developments, inclusive of policy definition, product design, as well as responses to updated supervisory and enforcement activities
  • Helping to manage sub-sector junior team members as appropriate, including coaching and development
  • Conducting technical research and responding to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies etc.
  • Leading and contributing input to the debate on development and application of policy, anticipating and developing Thought Leadership in relevant areas

Here’s what we expect

It is crucial that you share our appetite for new and emerging technologies, particularly in the domains of mortgages, retail banking and regulatory technology. The ability to help our clients realise the opportunity that their adoption represents in dealing with today’s business challenges is critical to the role. From day one, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients a daring advantage.

• Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
  • Good communication skills, and an ability to present complex ideas in simple ways
  • Confidence in your ideas, but modesty about how you conduct yourself
  • A problem-solving attitude, being innovative and having a flexible working style
  • Experience working well with a team, but confidence to take the initiative when necessary

SKILLS & EXPERTISE

• Technical skills/expertise in retail banking compliance
    • Vulnerable customers treatments, arrears handling and collections processes
    • Mortgage / vulnerable customer remediation
    • Mortgage lending regulation/MCOB
    • Mortgage transformation
    • Complaints handling and/or banking remediation experience
    • Mortgage product design

• Consulting skills/expertise
    • Programme delivery
    • Client relationships and stakeholder management
    • People management and team leadership
    • Commercial acumen, e.g. ability to shape and land new work into compelling client offerings

WHY JOIN CAPCO?

Because you are curious, because you want to know what is going on inside engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world and because you want to work on projects that transform the financial services industry.

We offer:

• A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
  • Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
  • A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
  • A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture

Apply for this Job

* Required

UK Demographics Questionnaire

Capco does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts, please consider participating in the optional questionnaire. 

I identify my gender as (Select one)

I identify my ethnicity group as (Select one)

I identify my ethnicity sub group as (Select one)