Associate - Houston, TX
What is Capco?
Capco is a global business and technology management consultancy dedicated to the Financial Services, Energy and Insurance industries. We combine innovative thinking with unrivaled industry knowledge to deliver business consulting, digital, technology and transformational services to our clients. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps our clients increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs, and enhance control. Here at Capco, we are defined by innovative development and provide you with the opportunity to help solve significant business issues by leveraging modern technologies and to transform operations for some of the world’s largest financial services institutions during a period of sweeping industry change.
Examples of projects / roles include:
- User Experience and UI Center of Excellence: Join a team of UI experts as they work to standardize the user experience across 100 web applications at a leading secondary mortgage market player. Work closely with User Experience Designers and Front-end Engineers to create a plethora of reusable components using leading web frameworks (Angular / React).
- Digital Transformation Initiative: Interact with a team of broad skills to build out an omnichannel wrapper over a core system to forward-project data and bring our clients into the digital age. Engaging with a team of Designers, Business Analysts, Front-end(Angular), Back-end(Java), and Mobile(Android/iOS) Engineers to build out capability that enhances and expands the base functionality of a core banking system.
- Salesforce Development: Use Apex, Visualforce and Lightning Component Frameworks to create custom applications and processes within the CRM, customize visual layouts to provide users with the most relevant experience possible, integrate third-party platforms, troubleshoot technical issues and more. Once solutions are created, Salesforce Developers are also responsible for QA, testing, debugging, and developing user documentation.
- Natural Language Processing and Data Extraction: Use a combination of machine learning and configuration to understand and extract data from a multitude of different forms used for different banking processes. Join us as we build a world-class solution merging enterprise technology (Java/Angular) and dominant machine learning libraries(Tensorflow/Tesseract in Python) to solve complex industry problems using our deep understanding gathered from internal resources.
- Cybersecurity Risk Assessment: Collaborate with teams across Technology and Operations to identify cyber and information security risks and assess the strength and effectiveness of the controls designed to defend the bank from these risks. Develop frameworks and assessment methodologies to evaluate and govern cyber and information risk while simultaneously building a stronger bank through multi-layered capabilities.
Examples of day to day experiences include:
- Writing code – developing / engineering software components leveraging Capco and industry best practices
- Working in an Agile environment and participating in team Agile ceremonies
- Helping to design features and estimate their delivery, as well as learning new skills as required by projects
- Working with testing teams for defect triage and resolution with the potential for both remote and local team members
- Writing automated test cases
- Understanding client requirements/drivers and how they contribute to achieving the client's objectives
- Contribute to the documentation of processes of the project to solidify team understanding
- Analyzing large datasets, drawing conclusions on the trends identified and presenting results for CxO level stakeholders
- Preparing reports using multiple data visualization techniques
- Must have or be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a relevant computer science, mathematics, or technology major, or must have completed some computer courses or case studies in computer programming, or a programming bootcamp
- Proactively involved in contributing to open source software initiatives, participating in various developer communities like Stackoverflow, GitHub etc..
- No more than 1.5 years of post-graduate relevant development and/or technology consulting experience
- Willingness to travel extensively and work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams at client sites.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (US Citizens or Permanent Residents ONLY).
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and identify patterns while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to think innovatively, strategically, and creatively, without fear of sharing ideas or voicing opinions to senior stakeholders or clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss complex ideas, develop project deliverables, and present in a coherent manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly when necessary, and excel in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to thrive in a product-focused environment of personal accountability and ownership.
- Ability to recognize the importance of constructive criticism and feedback to build on existing strengths and succeed in the future.
- Demonstrate a solid level of technical knowledge and skills.
A Final Thought:
Capco is a dynamic, supportive, and innovative place to begin your career and grow both personally and professionally. We encourage you to learn more and apply online at www.capco.com/careers to join our Associate Talent Program. Welcome to the Capco family!