Motion Designer – Digital Design
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
We are looking for a talented Motion Designer. You'll be responsible for producing, designing, delivering and inspiring beautiful motion designs and creative solutions in collaboration with the rest of the team to meet our client briefs and expectations across range of regions. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess some UI skills and be able to translate client needs to compelling story driven videos and products.
You will champion best practice by working closely with the design team lead to create work that conceptualises ideas into reality, possessing interactive design skills, and a willingness to learn emerging technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity for up-and-coming designers looking to learn and develop their skills, where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking and inter-personal skills as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As a Motion Designer, you will:
- Proficient in all of Adobe CC software, Sketch/Figma
- Gain client and stakeholder buy-in to your ideas through effective presentation and engagement
- Plan, produce and execute projects (project planning and management skills are essential!)
- Help design robust in-house motion templates (After Effects Expressions knowledge/experience is beneficial, but full training will be provided)
- Provide support and guidance to other members of staff
- As this role will include a large portion of day to day designing, you will be able to design through the line, across branding, motion and digital
- Be able to work with strict brand guidelines
- Conduct industry research and stay up-to-date on best practices, competitor Motion and UI designs and emerging technologies
A few things that will set you apart:
- Experience in producing pieces for social media
- Experience in 3D software (Cinema 4D or Blender)
- Experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience in VR technology
- The ability to sketch/illustrate storyboards
- Ability to tell stories with human centric design in mind
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as a design consultant:
- How can the end-to-end experience of a luxury lifestyle banking app be shows in engaging and short motion piece?
- How can the new API of a commercial bank be presented in an engaging way to bank’s clients on social media?
- How can an HR department update its employees about new training available?
- How can the user experience of a retail investment mobile app be improved by adding micro animations in the existing design?
- How can an Investment Bank showcase its products to new users on social media in an engaging way, while staying true to its brand?
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture