UX Researcher – Digital Design
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
We are looking for a UX Researcher with at least 3 years’ experience planning and executing research activities, supporting and running design-thinking workshops and delivering actionable outputs that drive forward business strategy. You will have a strong understanding of user-centred research methodologies and a clearly defined process for designing and running research projects that have measurable impacts on businesses. You will be empathetic and inquisitive, with strong communication skills, able to engage with stakeholders at a senior level and present research findings with confidence.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced researcher looking for a highly diverse, client-facing role where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking and inter-personal skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As a Research Consultant you will:
- Lead the planning, design and execution of qualitative and quantitative research in a wide range of settings. Projects vary significantly in type, size, duration, client, business domain and deliverables and offer an opportunity to work on diverse engagements to drive innovation and design excellence across the entire Financial Services Industry (Retail, Commercial, Investment and Private banking, Insurance).
- Lead the research synthesis process and generate insights that can inspire and inform innovative design which could be in the form of products, services, strategies, processes or experiences.
- Support and facilitate Design Thinking workshops to uncover people’s needs, explore ideas and prototype solutions to elicit user feedback.
- Ensure stakeholders understand the benefit of research and the business value is delivers.
- Influence how decisions are made and constructively challenging ways of thinking at both the team and senior stakeholder level using research-based evidence and insight.
- Present research findings and related recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Align user research activities with wider client and project objectives to provide strategic insights
A few things that will set you apart:
- Experience with conducting and analysing interviews, ethnographies, contextual inquiries, user testing, and familiarity with other research methods such as card sorts, task analysis,
- Experience with Jobs-to-be-Done methodology
- Experience working in a consulting environment.
- Experience with market analysis (research, segmentation, positioning and sizing)
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as a design consultant:
- How can the end-to-end experience of a luxury lifestyle banking app be reimagined to improve client engagement?
- How can a retail bank offer services to meet the needs of vulnerable individuals?
- How can the user experience of a retail investment mobile app be improved to increase the size of the user base and user engagement?
- How can an Investment Bank reimagine a complex internal process to improve employee productivity and reduce human-errors?
- How can customer data owned by a bank be used to improve the way marketing teams and relationships managers offer new products to their customers?
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture