UI Designer – Digital Design
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. The candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters, ideally within Financial Services and a consulting environment. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced designers looking for a highly diverse, client-facing role where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking and inter-personal skills as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As a Senior UI Designer, you will:
- Provide UI Design focused thought-leadership to the wider Capco Design community
- Be responsible for the overall visual output of the experience that you are designing
- Be able to work with strict brand guidelines
- Develop standard UI components and style guides for programme-wide use
- Be able to effectively communicate and defend your designs with developers and other key client stakeholders
- Conduct industry research and stay up-to-date on best practices, competitor UI designs and emerging technologies
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of staff
- Conduct, observe and analyse usability testing sessions
- Develop consistent, intuitive UI Design system architectures
- Support the QA team to make sure features are implemented as intended
A few things that will set you apart:
- Experience with designing enterprise-level design systems
- A good understanding of human psychology
- The ability to sketch/illustrate storyboards
- Experience with market analysis (research, segmentation, positioning and sizing)
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as a design consultant:
- How can the end-to-end experience of a luxury lifestyle banking app be reimagined to improve client engagement?
- How can the API inventory of a commercial bank be presented in a meaningful way to developers and non-developers to increase usage and user engagement?
- How can Terms and Conditions for a financial product be presented so they are less daunting and easier to understand for customers?
- How can an HR department improve the employee experience across digital channels and beyond?
- How can the user experience of a retail investment mobile app be improved to increase the size of the user base and user engagement?
- How can an Investment Bank reimagine a complex internal process to improve employee productivity and reduce human-errors?
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture