Database Reliability Engineer - Platform Zero
Capco – The Future. Now.
Capco is leading a Consultancy firm, solely focused on the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique culture where they are encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork.
Since 2016, we have been developing a revolutionary SaaS platform that brings together a rich set of digital and process automation capabilities to deliver client configurable, out of the box Financial Services content to the Banking, Wealth and Insurance industries. Our success comes through applying many years of industry expertise in technology and Financial Services.
We are looking for ambitious team players to join and support the growth of our Platform Zero SaaS division into a global powerhouse. We seek people with product experience and enthusiasm to help evolve our visionary, industry leading platform. If you want to be a part of something big and exciting, apply now for the chance to join our team!
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Capco Database Reliability Engineer.
Let’s Get Down To Business
PlatformZero is looking for a talented, innovative, and creative person to join our operations team as Database Operations. You will be a key team member, collaborating across the various product teams, using best practice to uphold Platform Zero product strategy and integrity through product release and production.
About the Role
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting databases and their supporting infrastructure
- Configuring, managing, and optimizing database monitoring systems
- Optimizing databases and infrastructure for performance
- Analyze, improve and document workflow processes.
- Responding to alerts and incidents as member of an on-call rotation
- Improve, script and automate administrative solutions.
- Engage ITSM, follow SaaS Ops guidelines and meet SLA objectives
- Help drive improvement of system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of hands on experience administrating and managing MySQL/Percona and MongoDB in cloud environment.
- Experience working in public cloud environment (Azure preferred)
- Nice to have the experience with one or more of the following technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Helm, Terraform, ArgoCD and Ansible
- Excellent troubleshooting and deductive skills; must be able to use monitoring tools to identify issues etc.
- Excellent people skills with ability to lead by example and motivate team members.
- Ability work in fast pace environment while following best practice and company process
- Highly driven and passionate about technology, product development and product success
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical solutions
- Excellent oral, listening, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and driven team-player attitude
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
Capco is well known for its thought leadership and client-centric model that distinguishes it from other consulting firms. Capco’s strong technology and digital knowledge base, it’s global experience of the Financial Service enables us to deliver projects from strategy through to delivery. We are committed to providing new areas of expertise from which our clients will greatly benefit.
- Access to industry-focused talent globally
- Ability to leverage best-of-breed, innovative products and solutions for complex architecture and large-scale transformation
- Extended global geographic market reach
- Ability to capitalize on our client footprint and deep domain expertise within financial services
For more information about Capco, visit www.Capco.com.
Capco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.