Capco is a global technology and management consultancy dedicated to the financial services industry. We combine innovative thinking with unrivalled industry knowledge, to offer our clients consulting expertise, complex technology and package integration, transformation delivery and managed services to move their organizations forward.
- We specialize in banking, capital markets, wealth and asset management and insurance
- We have a collaborative and efficient approach
- We help our clients innovate, increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs
- We serve our clients from 27 offices across the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific
We focus on hiring the best talent, offering on the job and classroom training, and giving our employees the opportunity to be creative, agile and entrepreneurial.
The Core Banking Programme Consultant is responsible for successful delivery of 1 or more major delivery streams in a core banking project. Such streams could be technology, business change or service transformation. To qualify for this role you would have had similar previous experience in one of the known core banking systems on the market today or something very applicable.
The role requires the ability to manage and lead a small team with the inter-dependencies and any risks/issues that may arise and develop with stakeholders in an agreed course of action to ensure delivery and quality of the programmes. The stream lead must also be knowledgeable and detailed enough to understand in detail what the team working for them as well as have experienced an active role in developing the solution.
- Leading a Core Banking stream (Loans, trading,…) or migration programme (Dynamic data, Finance…). Proactively driving its progress, resolving complex business and technology issues and initiating corrective actions as appropriate.
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of the stream - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate technical and specialist standards.
- The ability (but not necessarily the experience) to deliver multiple deliveries using a variety of methodologies in parallel.
- Managing the stream’s budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits and be able to make difficult recommendations under pressure.
- Maximising the potential of individuals (does not mean overworking them) to the stream delivery teams and make the most of limited resources.
- Managing third party contributions and costs to the stream.
- Build credible, trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders at multiple levels of the organisation.
- Ideally candidate has ability to perform multiple deliveries on 2+ year core banking programmes.
- Worked on a stream level for a detailed part of a Core Banking (or equivalent) implementation with business and technical aspect or data migration level responsible for a significant role for a data migration (Static, dynamic or finance).
- Successful delivery as part of a large-scale Core Banking programmes within Private Banking or Capital Markets and ideally gained within a consulting firm.
- Project management skills with experience in implementing banking systems such as: Avaloq, Temenos T24, Triple A Plus, etc.
- Deep understanding of banking requirements and processes, specifically in the Private Wealth Management space.
- Presenting to your management complex problems and dealing with difficult and demanding stakeholders (ie. Experience arbitrating issues with multiple stakeholders. Preparing slides for a steering committees).
- Remaining calm under pressure and think clearly to address difficult problems such as budget cuts, initial poor estimating.
- Ability to turn round difficult relationships and transform into trusted relationships.
- Working effectively with third party suppliers by building good relationships but also to control them to deliver and take ownership of their issues.
- Ideally with experience turning dysfunctional teams in to performing teams that can deliver.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective leadership and communications skills.
- Experience in at least 1 of the following: Service Delivery, Application Management, Application Delivery or Business Change.
- Previous Financial Services (Capitals Markets, Banking), ideally with consulting experience
- Ideally experience of 2 or more streams (Loans, etc.).
- Good knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Sound knowledge of programme planning and control techniques.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work with stakeholders positively and sensitively.
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Necessary previous experience in similar position to assume the responsibilities of the role.
- Proactive, Team Player, Self-motivated, Ability to prioritise.
- Eligible to work in Switzerland and willingness to travel globally
- Fluency in French is a plus
WHY JOIN CAPCO
You will work on exciting projects and help key players in the industry to shape a successful future.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning and training opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work directly with senior partners and clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture