Cloud Migration Project Manager (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure) - Digital Engineering
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We are looking for Cloud focused Technologists who are keen to work on multiple varied & exciting projects within the Financial Services space.
Prior experience within the FS industry isn't essential however; we're keen to engage with people who can add credible value based on experience across other sectors too.
The Cloud Migration Project Manager is responsible for helping our clients define, plan and execute their Cloud transformation journey. This includes definition and execution of an appropriate cloud migration road-map, taking into account the clients wider IT and business strategy as well as Cloud maturity level.
In addition to core Technology Project Management fundamentals, the role also requires the ability to work in between technology and the business to maximise the business value gained through Cloud adoption. Lastly, as a Cloud Migration Project Manager, you must be able to navigate known challenges in Cloud Adoption including addressing security, compliance, user up-skilling and change management issues.
Fitting that description, you will also need to be Supremely Personally Motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
Skills & Expertise
It will be very useful if you have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Technology background with early career hands on technical experience e.g. systems developer, systems engineer, database administrator, systems tester
- Successful delivery of projects within Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance, ideally within the last 3 years
- Commercial experience of end to end Cloud adoption using either AWS, Azure or GCP is essential.
- A deep understanding of the full enterprise Cloud context, including but not limited to: business drivers, service onboarding, integration and management, security and controls
- A conceptual understanding of Cloud technology and tools for areas such as DevSecOps, FinOps, service provisioning and management (eg: Infrastructure as Code)
- Experience helping organisations migrate to, build on and optimize their Cloud technology through advisory, delivery planning and implementation is advantageous
- Experience helping clients define and deliver a robust Cloud operating model in a hybrid and multi-vendor environment
- Leading small to medium teams between 5 to 15+ people both Onshore and Offshore and with budgets of £1m+
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of the project - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the project; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other and corporate technical and specialist standards
- Managing the project's budget in the range of £1-5m, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits
- Ensuring that the delivery of new products or services from the Project is to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Programme plan and Programme governance arrangements
- Build credible, trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Driving and motivating delivery teams to perform effectively and efficiently within broader programmes, in line with client and delivery lead expectations
- Experience of the design process and delivery framework to implement new tech solutions into complex business infrastructure – e.g. Work flow designs, UAT Requirements, User Story Design
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market.
From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.