Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deeply knowledgeable in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Regulatory Change, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We are looking for Consultants/Senior Consultants to manage the delivery of Risk and Regulation change programmes
- Our clients are predominantly within Financial Services and they are looking for support in delivering solutions to complex regulatory requirements. This may include Regulatory Risk Assessments, Target Operating Model design and implementation, Customer Risk Rating Methodologies, Policies and Procedures, Gap Analysis, Training, S166 (Skilled Persons) Review, Internal Audit, Management Information and Report Writing etc.
- As an SME in Regulatory change, you will be expected to bring vast knowledge to fast-paced, large scale change programmes involving wide scale regulatory problems e.g. Basel II, MiFiD, AML etc.
- You will also be expected to support Capco in client account planning, business development and relationship building / networking within the compliance community (both at clients and more broadly).
- Additionally, you will be expected to contribute to compliance thought leadership to support the growth of Capco’s Compliance practice.
- Joining Capco provides further opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. Capco supports both personal and professional development through Capco training programmes, in addition to externally accredited programmes. This may also include relevant qualifications if these have not already been obtained (i.e. ICA Diplomas, CAMS Certifications etc.)
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
In depth knowledge of the regulatory environment in the UK is essential (an understanding of the European and Global environment is desirable).
- Strong technical knowledge of Financial Regulation and Regulatory Change Programmes (e.g. Regulatory Remediation, Vulnerable Customers, Customer Redress, Outcomes Testing, Policy and Procedures) and experience of working directly with regulators preferred.
- Strong experience delivering Regulatory change solutions or working in the Risk & Regulation practice of a relevant financial services institution including reviewing and making recommendations on current/historic regulation.
- Proven stakeholder management, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, robust leadership and programme management skills with the ability to operate independently and present complex data in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in presenting to senior client stakeholders, engaging and challenging stakeholders regarding their viewpoint.
- Proficient and advanced user of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Strong academic background with any relevant Financial Regulation qualifications preferred (e.g. CFA)
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture