Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance,Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Our clients are predominantly within Financial Services and they are looking for support in delivering Financial Crime solutions. This may include Financial Crime Risk Assessments, Target Operating Model design and implementation, Customer Risk Rating Methodologies, Policies and Procedures, Gap Analysis, Training, Regulatory Review, Internal Audit, Management Information and Report Writing etc.
Principal Consultants will be responsible for overall delivery assurance, integrity and coherence of projects by developing and maintaining a programme environment capable of supporting each delivery phase. This will include bringing financial crime subject matter expertise to fast-paced, large-scale change programmes involving AML, Onboarding and KYC, CTF, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Cyber Security, Fraud, or Market Abuse.
Customer relationships are at the heart of everything we execute, therefore you will have the drive to grow your book of business as well as to cultivate strong relationships with key influencers and decision makers across the market. We will also expect your leadership contribution to help us build out our practice including the definition of solution offerings, recruitment and internal practice contributions.
Joining Capco provides further opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. Capco supports both personal and professional development through Capco training programmes, in addition to externally accredited programmes. This may also include relevant qualifications if these have not already been obtained (i.e. ICA Diplomas, CAMS Certifications etc.)
Skills and Experience
Deep knowledge of Financial Crime regulatory environment in the UK is essential (an understanding of the European and Global environment is desirable).
- Proven experience in planning, designing, leading and delivering large-scale Financial Crime programmes or projects (20+ resources, multi-year, multi-functional, multi-geography), and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective actions.
- Strong technical knowledge of Financial Crime (AML, ABC, Fraud, Sanctions, CPF, CTF, Tax Evasion etc.) and experience of working directly with regulators essential.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, analytical and problem-solving skills, robust leadership and programme management skills with the ability to operate independently and present complex data in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in presenting to senior client stakeholders, engaging and challenging stakeholders regarding their viewpoint.
- Proven record of successfully managing and developing individuals from a project and coaching perspective.
- Proficient and advanced user of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong academic background (degree level or similar) with relevant financial crime qualifications preferred (e.g. CAMS Certification, ICA Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention, ICA Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering, ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance).
Flexible work practice as working on client site is an essential requirement
100% Travel to client site may be required
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture