Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you are encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It is important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we would love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in capital markets, banking and payments, wealth and asset management, and insurance.
- Deep in our knowledge of financial services offerings, including finance, risk and compliance, financial crime, capital markets, and core banking.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there.
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture.
Capco is looking for Finance Transformation candidates with deep knowledge of the finance domain. You will have strong change management experience and a background in financial services. A background in consultancy is always appreciated but never a necessity.
You will work in teams of 2-10 people on engaging projects that are based in the UK. You will spend time with clients dealing with challenges as they arise and gaining valuable experience and exposure to how the projects and client organisations work across the financial services industry. Our client projects are resourced from different locations, so you can, on occasion, be expected to work away from your home office.
The type of projects we cover are:
- Finance strategy and operating models.
- Finance and shared services / outsourcing.
- Finance organisation design.
- Financial regulatory reporting and change
- Finance function process improvement including digital process modelling, automation and RPA.
- Cost reduction exercises, with effective benefit realisation plan.
- Benchmarking the finance function.
- Performance management including budgeting and forecasting.
- Finance IT strategy - including embedding applicable digital technologies (i.e Accounting engine, subledger, cloud adaption)
In your role as a Finance Transformation Consultant, you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering on client assignments. Own and deliver projects ensuring client satisfaction by providing timely, value-added services that meet or exceed expectations.
- Ensuring management information is provided to, and easily understood by, programme leads, senior management and committees.
- Defining and managing monitoring processes.
- Building assurance capabilities in line with regulatory expectations and risk appetite.
- Liaising with internal control functions in particular Operational Risk as well as the business.
- Managing stakeholder expectations spanning global business areas with conflicting priorities.
- Ensuring timely escalation and control of risks, issues, dependencies and timelines.
- Developing long-term trusted advisor relationships with external clients and industry contacts.
- Understanding business models and helping translate them into business requirements and test scenarios for handover to IT partners.
- Working collaboratively with relevant Capco teams in identifying opportunities for and securing new business.
- Supporting the sharing of knowledge and experience with the team to help develop your colleagues and the capability of the firm.
Skills and Expertise
Finance / Accounting
- Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) (desirable)
- Demonstrate strong understanding of accounting principles and processes, for example: profit & loss, balance sheet, capital allocation, cost allocation.
- Good understanding of the role of the Finance function within financial services organisations, including all aspects of the finance operating model (people, data, technology).Experience of delivering transformation projects within finance functions, either as a consultant or as part of an in-house change-delivery team. This could be finance technology projects (e.g., ERP, Accounting Engines/Subledger/Finance Reporting implementations), right-shoring or other operating model transformations or finance process improvements.
- Understanding the impact of the relationship between finance and other functions such as risk, tax and compliance.
- Experience of working with the C-Suite - CFO, CRO, CDO community (desirable)
- Experience of the impact of regulations on finance in Financial Services. Ideally with exposure and delivery experience to one or more of IFRS 17, IFRS 9, Solvency II, Basel III, SOX, GDPR. (desirable)
PM / BA
- Experience in managing change projects, including finance/ regulatory transformation, resource management, budgeting, communications and governance.
- Understanding of the project lifecycle from requirements through to implementation, including system, QA and UAT testing
- Strong Business Analysis and demonstrated problem-solving skills, with an ability to work with stakeholders across all business functions to define requirements.
- Ability to Work with technology partners to translate these requirements into functional and technical design.
Experienced at running workshops to lead discussions, gather requirements and mitigate risks with users and senior stakeholders,
- Appreciation of business and technical architecture.
- Knowledge of formal project management methods e.g., Agile, PMI, Prince 2 (desirable)
- Degree level qualification
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Team and client leadership/management
- Strong MS Office skills, combined with data analysis experience.
- Strong relationship skills with experience in a client-facing environment.
Our work culture is focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees. This means that we will work with you to track your development so you know how you are doing and where you can improve. At this early stage in your career, you will have access to inspirational leaders and high-quality training, to give you every opportunity to become a recognised expert.
Ongoing learning opportunities mean that you will also have the opportunity to work towards accountancy (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and other consulting qualifications, and we will work with you along your journey.
Successful candidates can build relationships quickly with colleagues and clients. Flexibility is also key, you will need to handle changing priorities and workloads and as you grow, you would also need to have the capacity to take on greater responsibilities as you develop within the firm. You should be intellectually curious and interested in developing your professional and technical skills, to understand clients’ issues and to help them to prosper.
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on assignments that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees.
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients.
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.