Capco is a global technology and management consultancy dedicated to the financial services industry. We are innovators who combine a disruptive, design thinking approach with unrivaled, first-hand industry knowledge, and technology acumen. We facilitate the handshake between business and technology to deliver end-to-end consulting services and solutions. We help our clients transform and advance their businesses, increase revenue, and manage risk and regulatory change. We are hiring creative, motivated, diligent, passionate, and committed people who are ready to make an impact.
Joining Capco means joining an organization that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets, and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking, etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile, and entrepreneurial culture
As a Java Developer at Capco, you will be working with consulting teams for the world’s largest financial services firms.
Experience- 5 -12 Years
- Should be an agile practitioner with an agile mindset; very well versed with all the agile development ceremonies used to deliver projects. Should be able to defend a project audit using agile development practices.
- Strong hands-on design, coding, and development skills using the below technology stack.
- Proficiency in development using specific Java 8 features is expected together with very strong OOPS knowledge, threads, concurrency and data structures for handling large data sets. Candidate should have a good understanding of design patterns and integration patterns and should be able to apply them on projects to develop high quality maintainable code.
- Should be able to visualize the architecture landscape and the system integrated into the complete ecosystem where data exchange between up/downstream systems takes place.
- Be able to create low-level design documents for the implementation of the system to be developed. Ability to design and implement solutions for scalable systems that are in use 24x7 for business-critical needs.
- Coding and implementation of API and Restful service endpoints using microservices architecture and design principles/patterns for scalable distributed systems using Java Spring Boot. Should be very familiar with best practices (security, domain model, exception handling, orchestration, etc.) to implement services and public API to be consumed by direct customers. Should be exposed to using discovery services tools for publishing and accessing services, API gateway usage, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud services is essential and related to ISAM features for user access management.
- Junit test framework to test all aspects of the implemented code is an absolute must. Successful test execution is a criterion for checking in code in the code repository.
- Should be able to design and implement the persistence layer for storing data in the NoSQL database by creating the data model. Data extraction logic for fetching data from the DB is required with an eye for payload.
- Knowledgeable of using log files and their structure for tracing the API / services call history and the transactions performed.
- Ability to set up applications for SIT testing across all integration boundaries and ensure a
- seamless end-to-end straight-through processing.
- The familiarity of using DevOps practices to implement CI/CD using tools such as TeamCity, GitLab,Pivotal Cloud Foundry (or similar tools) is essential.
- Should be very well versed using Jira and Confluence as agile project management tools for all activities involving agile development.
- Should be able to use the sprint backlog feature and create tasks against the user stories in the sprint.
- Estimation for the user stories in the sprint using any relevant story point estimation techniques.
- Sprint closure, retrospective session learnings, and implementation of learnings release planning.
- Very strong communication and organization skills to interact with stakeholders (architecture, environment, security and audit, QA) and setting expectations around solution design. Strong coordination skills to work with stakeholders across geographies with good and clear communication skills.
- Should demonstrate complete ownership of the backlog items that are prioritized for implementation during a sprint and release. He/she should have a product mindset to see the complete feature implemented and right through production deployment and subsequent support needed to fix and reported defects.
Soft skills and other attributes:
- An ability to honor the commitments made to the stakeholders with an eye on client satisfaction.
- Need to be flexible to work in a complex environment where requirements may change due to evolving clarity. Should not hesitate to accommodate change demands (through a change control mechanism).
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture