Junior Solution Architect / Solution Designer
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, FinTech, Core Banking etc.
- Practitioners who focus on delivering great results with our clients by using contemporary technologies and approaches to help solve important challenges across financial services
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
What’s this all about?
We see a clear, consistent and growing need for skilled solution architects in the market, people who can work on the next generation of cutting-edge solutions with our clients.
We’ve found that creating opportunity and training for our own people helps us to create great architects who also understand our clients and the wider financial services industry. For all these reasons, we are looking for a new generation of architects.
You may have already started out on the journey as a solution architect yourself, or maybe you are an experienced business or software analyst, product owner, software engineer or some other kind of technology or target operating model specialist who is just starting to think about it.
What kind of work will I do?
Capco consultants work on a wide variety of client challenges; consequently, we value intellectual flexibility and curiosity as highly as we do quality and rigour.
For example, our architects play pivotal roles in helping our clients with problems such as designing and executing dev-ops strategies, launching new API market offerings and mobile applications to improve market share, creating new machine learning and data analytics services in the cloud, and even building entirely new challenger banks root and branch.
You won’t be alone in this. Our architects work as a key part of cross-disciplinary project teams comprised of digital and technology professionals with specific industry and functional domain skills and experience.
You’ll have opportunities to work alongside seasoned application, data, business, cloud, security architects and more, giving you the opportunity to decide where you want your architecture career to go.
So why me?
Nearly nobody starts their career as a solution architect, we’ve built a strong and diverse team through a mixture of direct hiring, but also through dedicated architecture training of a wide range of talented individuals from technology, research and technically detailed analyst backgrounds.
We’re good at spotting people who have what it takes, and we offer a wide range of internal and partner training, as well as access to industry-recognised external training and accreditations, and a dedicated architecture mentoring scheme.
Skills & experience
Professional experience is important. It is crucial that you share our appetite for new and emerging technologies and the ability to help our clients realise the opportunity that their adoption represents in dealing with today’s business challenges. From day one, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients a daring advantage.
Here’s what we expect:
- Professional experience in a business environment, we’ve had successful applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds, some of which include:
- Software engineer / developer
- Technical analyst / software analyst
- Business analyst (especially with Target Operating Model experience)
- Data analyst
- Product owner / manager
- Technology consultant
- Banking or payments professional
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills, and an ability to present complex ideas in simple ways
- Confidence in your ideas, but modesty about how you conduct yourself
- A problem-solving attitude, being innovative and having a flexible working style
- Experience working well with a team, but confidence to take the initiative when necessary
- Undergraduate degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) preferably (but not necessarily) in a STEM subject
Desirable but not mandatory:
- Evidence of experience or training in systems design or solution architecture (e.g. BCS, TOGAF, cloud accreditations from AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Knowledge of emergent technologies (e.g. any of the following are currently popular in our industry: artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotic process automation, cloud, Microservices, Event Streaming)
- Experience in banking or finance, target operating model design, process design or optimisation, or other similar business re-architecting projects
- Familiarity with cybersecurity, security architecture or closely related topics like identity and access management, or offensive security engineering
- Coding experience, for instance in model building, prototyping or app development
- Any experience in distributed system design
- Exposure to working in agile and/or the product delivery lifecycle, with product, engineering or software delivery professionals
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture