At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways. Our team has spent the past several years engineering and developing a new machine that keeps workers safe, improves their job conditions, and produces great budget, schedule and quality outcomes. At the same time, we have been building a culture at Canvas that empowers our employees to do their best work, while having fun and advancing their careers.
We need a Customer Success Manager to help us build and strategically advance the customer journey at Canvas. Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer, Chris Peterson you will improve current processes to accelerate onboarding, drive satisfaction and increase engagement and adoption of our machines.
Who You Are:
- Based in CA, CO or TX
- Willingness to travel 40-50% of the time
- Construction Management: You are comfortable in a construction site, you understand the different types of stakeholders (from building owners to operations to superintendents and field workers) and you know what their needs and motivations are. You understand drywall finishing, its nuances, and how it fits in the construction project. You understand the need for technology as well as the urgency and cost of projects.
- Customer Success: You are able to quickly establish trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders. You have experience anticipating customer needs and solving problems before they happen. In the times, you’ve had to course correct, you’ve taken ownership and executed well. Examples of this include escalating customer issues, liaising between customers and cross-functional internal teams helping to identify root-cause issues, and ensuring timely and successful delivery of solutions. Performing customer account reviews is one way you’ve collected and analyzed data to foresee trends. Your ability to measure success through metrics is evidenced by your proven track record of meeting retention (i.e. high renewal rates) and adoption (i.e. high referral) goals.
- Project Management: You’ve had to roll up your sleeves to develop tools, processes and best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from the product/project they’ve bought into. You are able to manage expectations through clear communication and actionable follow up and have established regularly-cadenced engagement touch-points. Facilitating continuous feedback loops between customers and internal teams to enable continuous improvement is imperative in your work.
- People Management: You have experience with direct and indirect reports. You’ve read and understood our Canvas values and they align with how you work and how you want to show up as a leader. You are able to listen, validate and support those that report to you and know when to provide strategic direction and feedback.
- Applied Technologies: Able and excited to learn about the integration of software and hardware to then explain those complex configurations to customers in a digestible, helpful manner.
- Preferably, experience with robotics, and fluent in Spanish
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
What You’ll Do: (Here is where you’ll input the outcomes expected for this role. Use the Scorecard you created. List by order of importance in each section.)
- In 30 days…
- Attend a one-week mandatory in-person training in San Francisco to learn about drywall finishing, our robot, and meet the team
- Complete basic safety training on the machine
- Read through manuals and training materials about the machine and its various systems
- Learn about the different stakeholders involved on a customer account by joining different team meetings and scheduling one-on-one meetings with different team members
- Learn about our different processes (i.e. sales, ticketing/escalation, deployment)
- Begin to connect with current customers
- In 60 days…
- Establish multiple customer touch-points by mapping and engaging key stakeholders across the customer organization - including in person visits, phone calls, and customer events
- Learn about the product roadmap and build a deeper understanding for use cases and high-value features
- Understand the customer lifecycle journey
- Begin shadowing the current customer onboarding process
- Establish account health parameters
- In 90 days…
- Perform customer account reviews at a specific cadence to ensure high renewal, and referral rates in our customer base
- Begin designing the customer onboarding process and engagement model
- Focus on data available to you and ways to measure success in quantifiable terms
- In a year…
- Respond to customer needs before, during, and after every deployment
- Create the customer success playbook for Canvas
- Manage customer retention and the renewal process
See the base annual salary range for this position, in the selected city, below. Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, location, and market conditions. Base pay is one part of the total compensation that is provided to recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses, incentives, and stock options.
Being fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Canvas. We provide accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Canvas is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Andi Martinez, Recruiting Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-906-9640).