At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways. Our team has spent the past several years engineering and developing a new machine that keeps workers safe, improves their job conditions, and produces great budget, schedule and quality outcomes. At the same time, we have been building a culture at Canvas that empowers our employees to do their best work, while having fun and advancing their careers.
We are looking for a driven and resilient Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help our sales team generate new business opportunities. Reporting to Chris Peterson, our Chief Revenue Officer, this position offers someone the chance to start their sales career and move towards a closing role.
Who You Are:
- Based in San Francisco (or commutable distance)
- Strong phone presence and demonstrated resilience to be on the phone all day
- Track record of achieving goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail
- Data entry experience
- Approachable and coachable
- Preferably: someone who has knowledge or experience
- in architecture, engineering, construction, or robotics
- in a high-volume inside sales, business to business or demand generation role
- using Salesforce, Salesloft or other CRM
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
What You’ll Do:
- In 30 days…
- Learn about Canvas and our mission, vision, and values
- Meet people in different departments and get an understanding of what they do and how they work together
- Understand Canvas’s Go-to-Market goals, particularly those of sales and how marketing supports those objectives
- Navigate our Google Drive and understand how we name/store files; how to use the external drive
- Research the Canvas target market and ideal customer profiles independently and by leveraging the knowledge of the Account Executives on the team
- Schedule weekly check-ins with business stakeholders
- Begin to develop your sales pitch and associated scripts for outreach
- Understand what makes a lead “qualified” or not
- In 60 days…
- Help establish the Salesforce CRM and populate the database, keeping track of sales related activities and building your muscle for documentation of interactions with prospects
- Help establish the Canvas Innovation Center (a meeting place for new clients)
- Create a report of contacts that are opening and clicking through Marketing material sent out, website views, etc. Prioritize, that list by identifying those that are the best to pursue
- Begin building a network of potential leads
- Shadow Strategic Account Executives to get some experience and insight in interacting with prospects
- Begin managing inbound and outbound leads doing some qualification and working with the Account Executives to understand how to manage the hand off process and cadence of communication.
- In 90 days…
- Begin to define your specific sales goals, ensuring they are SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, timely)
- Begin booking meetings and demos for the Strategic Account Executives using different initiatives; conduct A-B Testing for prospects
- Begin creating and documenting an SDR playbook for yourself based on the feedback from the Account Executive Team, Marketing and the Chief Revenue Officer, as well as the learnings from the tried and true efforts implemented
- In a year...
- Continue to own the above tasks and projects
- Continue to define and refine established processes
Why You Should Apply:
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- 401k matching
- A learning and development stipend
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people in the Bay Area working on those robots!
Safety at Canvas Construction is a top priority and we commit to provide safe working conditions. We provide proper training, protocols and PPE to all employees, regardless of their role. We expect employees to use safety best practices and ensure that their workspaces are clear of potential dangers.
This role operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers and monitors. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some ability to move laptops, open cabinets and bend or stand as necessary is required.
Being fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Canvas. We provide accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Canvas is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Andi Martinez, Recruiting Manager (email@example.com, 415-906-9640).