At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways. Our team has spent the past several years engineering and developing a new machine that keeps workers safe, improves their job conditions, and produces great budget, schedule and quality outcomes. At the same time, we have been building a culture at Canvas that empowers our employees to do their best work, while having fun and advancing their careers.
We are looking for a self-motivated, efficient and energetic Marketing Assistant to help us communicate the Canvas brand to our stakeholders, including customers, project partners, investors, employees and recruits. Reporting to our Marketing Director you will support all marketing efforts to activate our current customers and their project partners, to win new business, and to engage and delight current and potential employees.
Who You Are:
- Based in San Francisco (or commutable distance)
- Experience and/or interest in social media marketing, website production and content (i.e. blogs, video, case studies), graphic design, collateral production, photography, video, and storytelling
- Experience with graphics software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Social media management experience (i.e. Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn)
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Flexible and adaptable while being able to stay calm under pressure
- Resourceful - curious and creative
- Want to be part of something meaningful where relationships and mutual respect matter deeply to you
- Understand the need for speed, balanced with accuracy
- Preferably, experience with AEC (architecture, engineering, construction), corporate social media management, website management through Wordpress, photography & video production skills
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
What You’ll Do:
- In 30 days...
- Learn about Canvas and our mission, vision, and values
- Meet people in different departments and get an understanding of what they do and how they work together
- Understand Canvas’s goals, particularly those of sales and how marketing supports those objectives
- Navigate our Google Drive and understand how we name/store files; how to use the external drive
- Familiarize yourself with the Canvas Press Kit and begin managing it
- Manage visual assets (i.e. project photography and video, infographics)
- Manage headshots
- Use Hootsuite and manage our LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram accounts
- In 60 days…
- Help establish the Salesforce CRM and populate the database
- Determine how to create and maintain a presentation toolkit
- Help establish the Canvas Innovation Center (a meeting place for new clients)
- Support the website rebranding and redesign
- Look for opportunities to shoot videos for social media content (i.e. culture, milestones, events, department wins)
- Manage trade shows (i.e. scheduling, logistics, equipment, swag)
- Manage Canvas Certified Finisher interviews, swag boxes and certificates
- In 90 days…
- Manage ad hoc requests from Innovation Partners (i.e. safety awards)
- Help with customer case studies
- Help with marketing qualified leads, including a quarterly newsletter
- In a year…
- Continue to own the above tasks and projects
- Work with our customers’ marketing teams of to co-brand social media and other collateral
Why You Should Apply:
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- 401k matching
- A learning and development stipend
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people in the Bay Area working on those robots!
Safety at Canvas Construction is a top priority and we commit to provide safe working conditions. We provide proper training, protocols and PPE to all employees, regardless of their role. We expect employees to use safety best practices and ensure that their workspaces are clear of potential dangers.
This role operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers and monitors. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some ability to move laptops, open cabinets and bend or stand as necessary is required.
Being fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Canvas. We provide accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Canvas is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Andi Martinez, Recruiting Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-906-9640).