We need a Sr. Process Test Engineer to help us increase the reliability and efficiency of our machine finishing process and explore new materials and applications for the Canvas machine.
Who You Are:
- Somebody based in San Francisco (or commutable distance) or willing to relocate
- Analytical, detail-oriented, methodical, organized and strong understanding of systems at high-level; able to understand the high-level purpose and operation of a system and to tie it back to single components and their functions
- Process oriented; able to implement new processes and keep improving them
- Strong communication skills; able to work across teams, identify partners for outside expertise, and able to communicate complex topics in a comprehensible and streamlined way to different audiences
- Innovation driven, resourceful, and a problem solver; able to navigate uncertainty and not only rely on existing resources and established processes but create new solutions
- Knowledge in Design of Experiment (DOE), knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools (e.g. Python, Excel, Minitab)
- Experienced in project management and able to take ownership of projects and mentor and support others
- Experience with launch and production ramp-ups of products or experience in product development
- Experience with materials such as paint or other construction materials
- Experience with robotic arms, or manufacturing experience with automated manufacturing lines
- Experience with analyzing of large datasets and statistical analysis
- Experience with classical process control and quality concepts like continuous improvement (i.e. Kaizen, 6-sigma, lean), statistical process control (SPC), process capability (cp, cpk) and process performance (pk, ppk)
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
What You’ll Do:
- In 30 days, you’ll mostly be observing, and learning. You will attend onboarding lectures, mandatory online trainings, machine training and training for our tools. By the end of the month you will have a firm grasp of our drywall finishing parameters and which parameters affect the process, how our machine works and other ongoing projects. You will also learn to use our testing equipment and corresponding software. During this time, you will take notes on what you think could be improved and lay out the project plan for your first project.
- In 60 days, you’ll move to taking more ownership. For example, you could:
- own a project regarding a new feature validation or material testing, and start laying out the project plan and timelines
- be potentially introduced to one of our suppliers and work with our project management team on project plans and communication
- assist during a need-finding and feedback session with a customer
- start implementing testing/task tracking processes
- In 90 days, you’ll begin helping to mentor some of the team. You will also own communication and project timelines for customer projects and independently lead customer process demos and feedback sessions. You will also have defined timelines and a project plan for a new feature.
- In a year, you will have completed one feature validation and support its deployment. You will also have owned one of the material development cooperation projects, helped mentor some of the team, coordinated testing, and helped prioritize testing and development. You will be a subject matter expert and your opinions will help inform new features development and project prioritization.
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- 401k matching
- A learning and development stipend
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
This role operates primarily in a work-room environment around moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat. Noise level may be loud at times. Someone in this role must be able to move objects weighing up to 60 lbs., and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Additionally, this role requires constant movement and use of limbs inclusive of good manual dexterity to handle small parts, coordination and stamina.
Being fully vaccinated against Covid19 is a condition of employment at Canvas. We provide accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.